Ernest Borgnine

Ess

Dedicated Member
Sorry to hear of death of another great old actor. I loved him in Marty, a film which I can watch over and over.

Totally agree,and how to pronounce his surname caused quite a few rows in our house.

Sorry to hear of death of another great old actor. I loved him in Marty, a film which I can watch over and over.

One of the great support actors. Two quotations of his I like:

"Ever since they opened the floodgates with Clark Gable saying, 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn,' somebody's ears pricked up and said, 'Oh boy, here we go!'. Writers used to make such wonderful pictures without all that swearing, all that cursing. And now it seems that you can't say three words without cursing. And I don't think that's right."

On Women's Rights: "They tried it the wrong way. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you burn your undies and tell me I'm a pig. That's why it failed. Too many ugly broads telling me that they don't want to sleep with me. Who wanted you anyway?"

"Ever since they opened the floodgates with Clark Gable saying, 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn,' somebody's ears pricked up and said, 'Oh boy, here we go!'. Writers used to make such wonderful pictures without all that swearing, all that cursing. And now it seems that you can't say three words without cursing. And I don't think that's right."

I like that ....

He was very good in the American comedy "Mchales Navy"

McHale's Navy is an American sitcom which ran for 138 half-hour episodes from October 11, 1962, to August 31, 1966, on the ABC network. The series was filmed in black and white and originated in a one-hour drama called Seven Against the Sea, broadcast on April 3, 1962. Universal commissioned the colorization of the series in the late 1980s for syndication in hopes of reviving its popularity. Those episodes are available on Hulu.

He was very good in the American comedy "Mchales Navy"

McHale's Navy is an American sitcom which ran for 138 half-hour episodes from October 11, 1962, to August 31, 1966, on the ABC network. The series was filmed in black and white and originated in a one-hour drama called Seven Against the Sea, broadcast on April 3, 1962. Universal commissioned the colorization of the series in the late 1980s for syndication in hopes of reviving its popularity. Those episodes are available on Hulu.

I remember the name, but I think I am probably confusing it with Gilligans Island because I thought it was a comedy.

Only really remember him from the tv show Airwolf i'm afraid but will watch some of his films he seemed very popular. :(

Back