Episodes on G.O.L.D

amos hames

Dedicated Member
How not to cry at weddings was on this evening and was followed by the Magnificent thighs of Ernie Burniston?Now why when the finish the run don't they start from the pilot.In a few months they will be back to weddings will be on again.
They usually show things like Fools and Horses from the begining when the run ends why not lotsw.

I think UK Gold has some connection to the BBC in which case it does not surprise me.

They seem to think that Horses is funny,mm, about as funny as toothache IMO.

Have to agree with Amos on this as ive often wondered why they did this sort of thing instead of beginning with the pilot.I have also become mightly tired of seeing most weekends filled with constant repeats of OFAH.Not only that but they often make lame excuses to run the whole thing again from start to finish.Your top 100 moments.All the episodes where Del Boy appears ;) and Your top 100 episodes again,just in case we missed any the first time.A bit of exaggeration but im sure we all get the point ;D.

Hector.

I think UK Gold has some connection to the BBC in which case it does not surprise me.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it ;)
But I'm getting fed up with it all weekend too, I liked it when they did a differant one each weekend Summer Wine seemed to get more of a fair share.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it ;)
But I'm getting fed up with it all weekend too, I liked it when they did a differant one each weekend Summer Wine seemed to get more of a fair share.

I think UK gold are running out of things to show,they have hammered everything for the last 10 plus years with no idea what to put on next,I doubt they have anything new to show,soon it will be Cookery,Home Makeovers and reality

I think UK gold are running out of things to show,they have hammered everything for the last 10 plus years with no idea what to put on next,I doubt they have anything new to show,soon it will be Cookery,Home Makeovers and reality

Then we have the yesterday channel showing BBC repeats, Dave shows them and then of course the pointless BBC's 3/4.

I have a Goon episode titled '1984' all about the BBC - or as the Goons called it 'The Big Brother Corporation'

"Big brother is watching YOU!"

(Eccles) Oooooohh!

Then we have the yesterday channel showing BBC repeats, Dave shows them and then of course the pointless BBC's 3/4.

I have a Goon episode titled '1984' all about the BBC - or as the Goons called it 'The Big Brother Corporation'

"Big brother is watching YOU!"

(Eccles) Oooooohh!
Hello fellow GOON fan ;D :p 1984 is one that I've not heard in quite a while :eek:

One of my favourites ever.

For instance Grytpype telling Neddie that the BBC can change people into anyone they like and Neddie looking so old and ill that Wilfred Pickles demanded him for his television programme ;D

Just makes me amazed just how far seeing Spike Milligan was at times with the reference to the Grosvenor Hotel and upon entering Neddie noticing that the clientèle were dressed in rough lumber jack shirts and sported bald heads and beards - and some of the men were dressed the same :D

The show would never have got past the PC brigade nowadays with the constant references to Ray Ellington's colour.

My favourite one has to be the scene with the blue shower necklace.

Ellington(playing Neddie's mother) "If the blue shower necklace isn't back by tonight, I'm sending for the police"

Neddie: "At the mention of the police we all went white"

Ellington: "Get me a mirror"

It had me crying with laughter when I first heard it and I know that Ray Ellington took it all in the spirit it was meant.

But nowadays it would probably never be broadcast.

I am also a big Navy Lark fan. Radio comedy used to be some of the best around.

My favourite Ellington one.... Bluebottle "ere dont you grip my hand so tight you might rub off on me!" or Seagoon......"you're not a white man are you??(they were supposed to be in the dark)" Ellington "How do you know????" As you say the PC brigade would have it off air in an instant. :eek: Even in the Q series Spike couldn't leave it alone Wife to Darlek hubby"you've killed the vicar!" Hubby(Spike) "put him in the curry!!" :eek: ;)

I used to be vice chairman of a local non-league football club.We had a black player who asked the team manager for a phone number and went to write it on his hand.The manager said "Hold on I'll get you some chalk" The player collapsed laughing.I wonder who the pc brigade are really trying to protect

Thats it though , we try not to offend but there always seems to be someone looking for an excuse to prove how non-pc we are.Yet we have lived a good long time doing things one way and cannot be expected to go through our lives without forgetting occasionally. :-[

My favourite Ellington one.... Bluebottle "ere dont you grip my hand so tight you might rub off on me!" or Seagoon......"you're not a white man are you??(they were supposed to be in the dark)" Ellington "How do you know????" As you say the PC brigade would have it off air in an instant. :eek: Even in the Q series Spike couldn't leave it alone Wife to Darlek hubby"you've killed the vicar!" Hubby(Spike) "put him in the curry!!" :eek: ;)

my other classic (Peter Sellers did a wonderful impression of Sir Alec Guinness)

Neddie(to Sellars) "Are you the man in black?"
Sellars: "Actually I am Guinness, the man in the white suit, but on the way here I fell down a coal hole, this is my trusted secretary" (referring to Ray Ellington).

Neddie(to RE) "And did you fall down a coal hole?"

RE: "Man I did not"

:D :D :D :D

Had we better call a halt Stewpot before the name of the thread has to be changed? ;) Wouldn't want to cause any trouble! :p ;D

Never really seen the Goon show Dick.Might have to check it out bit before my time but then again so are some of the comedy acts i posted earlier.I have seen alot of them on the telly.

Back