Entering Summer Wine land

WellyMan

Dedicated Member
Not sure what happened but my introductory post disappeared, so will try again. I've begun to really enjoy Summer Wine in the last 2-3 months as it's being repeated on the Drama channel. In the past I found it easy watching but wasn't a fan as such. Now I look forward to when it's on in the evening and may buy the DVD boxset at Xmas.

I have a couple of very tenuous links to the programme. My favourite aunt was friends with Kathy Staff at church, and Shirley Stelfox who appeared in another Roy Clarke comedy was apparently my uncle's cousin.

Good Day All and Welcome to you WellyMan from Wiltshire. I presume that you are using the name WellyMan because of Compo's footwear. I'm old and decrepp??? Dekre , {See, I'm so old I can't spell decrepit} I've forgotten what I was going to say now. I'll go back to counting my money. Err, tenpence, elevenpence, a shilling. One and a penny, one and two.......SEE, I told you I was old, I even remember Fahrenheit. These days a lot of people think that Fahrenheit is some sort of blood sucking monster.
Join in and enjoy your time on these forums. Peri. :17:

Welcome WellyMan! They interweb site was being updated yesterday so there was issues with some posts not being saved but apparently it's all sorted now and I've not known it happen before.
I used to hate LOTSW when I was young as I felt it wasn't 'cool' but now I'm definitely a fan and this is just what we need as a tonic to the awful times we find ourselves in

Welcome Wellyman great to have you on-board .I hope you enjoy the site and it's content. Plenty of great info about the show , the members photo section has as some wonderful photos of the show 's locations demand now and Terry's (Maltrab) Summerwine map is excellent .:)

Thanks all. Compo's wellies sprang to mind when I was trying to think of a username.

Peripheral, I'm not old but unfortunately am a bit decrepit!

Welcome Wellyman, glad you persevered with you posting,as mentioned you must of just posted during the changeover,all sorted now and we promise not to mess about with servers for sometime to come, if at all.
I look forward to all your postings and hope you become a fully fledged Barmpot
Terry

Welcome Wellyman, glad you persevered with you posting,as mentioned you must of just posted during the changeover,all sorted now and we promise not to mess about with servers for sometime to come, if at all.
I look forward to all your postings and hope you become a fully fledged Barmpot
Terry

I'm sure a lot of people think I'm a barmpot in one way or another. Of course, originally coming from over the border in Lancashire and Cheshire we preferred more down to earth epithets like burk and idiot :)

I'm sure a lot of people think I'm a barmpot in one way or another. Of course, originally coming from over the border in Lancashire and Cheshire we preferred more down to earth epithets like burk and idiot :)

When it comes to idiots I am number 1 here

Back