email notifications

In User CP, sidebar - Edit Options. In the main screen - Messaging & Notification section, Default Thread Subscription Mode, change your selection. There are five options. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and Save Changes. That should do it.

Marianna

So much for that method. This morning, I changed my setting to No Email Notifications and I just received one for a new posting to a thread that I'm subscribed to.

Marianna

Yes, I now just got a notification that Elmc has quoted
me in the Summer Wine forum.

How can I get these Da##ned things to STOP!!!!

Chuck when you made the changes for the several options of getting notifications did you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the save changes button,Terry

That's good lets try tagging you and see if you get that [MENTION=55]cciaffone[/MENTION]

FWIW - email notifications seem to have stopped again.

Lucky you! My notifications never stopped, not even after I unchecked the notifications option, scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked save. I bailed out of everything short of unsubscribing from the threads that I've started or replied to. Really don't want to unsubscribe from those threads because I'm not certain of the consequences.

Marianna

:confused:
I've looked everywhere I can think of and I've never identified where/how to turn off email notifications for quotes, likes and thanks. How do you do that?

I've successfully turned off the new post notifications for the threads I'm subscribed to, which reduced the volume of email substantially. I'm in the forum often enough that I'm usually aware of quotes, likes and thanks before the email is delivered, so they just clutter my inbox.

Help, please!

Marianna

I've looked everywhere I can think of and I've never identified where/how to turn off email notifications for quotes, likes and thanks. How do you do that?

I've successfully turned off the new post notifications for the threads I'm subscribed to, which reduced the volume of email substantially. I'm in the forum often enough that I'm usually aware of quotes, likes and thanks before the email is delivered, so they just clutter my inbox.

Help, please!

Marianna
I never realised that was happening, nobody likes or thanks me so I don't get any :(
I'll see if I can turn off the email notification.

Help, please!

Marianna
Right, there are sttings in the UserCP - (that is now called "Settings", link at the top)
just check out the attached image.
pencil.png

Attachments

• fred.jpg
    fred.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 16
Right, there are settings in the UserCP - (that is now called "Settings", link at the top) just check out the attached image.
pencil.png

I had looked at that section but wasn't sure what I was seeing. Now I know and I've just changed that setting.

Thanks much.

Marianna

Back