eerie coincidence

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
I was watching "The Loxley Lozenge" episode, and Wesley was making the guys promise to keep quiet about what he was going to tell them and Compo said something like "cross my heart and hope to die" and Clegg said "I think that is your pancreas" So then Compo said " Ok cross my pancreas and hope to die".
Bill then died from pancreatic cancer. For some reason that caught my attention when I was watching it.
I'm not a superstitious person or anything, but I sure found it eerie when it came out of his mouth.
Just a thought.

I thought the same thing, but I think someone already mentioned that sometime, or perhaps I´m having a deja vu.

just found another one, in "The New Mobile Trio" Clegg has the toffee paper over his glasses, the next scene he says he thought his right eye was failing, many years later Peter Sallis would get Macular Degeneration, very eerie i think

There were a couple of other eps where Clegg made comments about his eyes, one of which he asked "when you close your eyes, can you see bubbles? Oh well, I don't suppose you can do anything with them anyway."

When the trio are outside the church in Inventor of the 40 ft Ferret and Cleggy says to Compo "Maybe you'd rather come back when you're dead"
The fact that it's where Bill Owen is buried is creepy

There were a couple of other eps where Clegg made comments about his eyes, one of which he asked "when you close your eyes, can you see bubbles? Oh well, I don't suppose you can do anything with them anyway."

Does seeing bubbles when you close your eyes make you a West Ham supporter?

Back