Edited Dvd release

On the subject of the Dvd set, are the programmes remastered, or as originally broadcast?, I was informed Getting Sam Home had been remastered for special screenings, but, have not found a streaming site with the remastered edition.

Good evening, I was late discovering Last of The Summer Wine, and really only got on board as Brian Wilde came in as Foggy, I see there are complete dvd releases, but, have been led to believe certain episodes were edited before dvd release, would anyone know if this is true?, it seems odd that a popular show would be censored in this way.
Welcome aboard. You'll never leave. You won't want to.
:36::36::36:

Good evening, I was late discovering Last of The Summer Wine, and really only got on board as Brian Wilde came in as Foggy, I see there are complete dvd releases, but, have been led to believe certain episodes were edited before dvd release, would anyone know if this is true?, it seems odd that a popular show would be censored in this way.
Yes, the DVDs that were made for release in the USA had some sequences cut due to copyright restrictions. That makes the purchase of Region 1 discs and a region-free player necessary for customers in the US.

Back