eBay

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
On the 26th of this month, I have been a member of eBay for 19 years,anyone else been a long time user

About 10 for me, I don't use it as much as I did, mostly midnight sleep shopping, it's a hoot waking up everyday looking at my emails to see what crap I've bought next.

12 years for me on the 28th of this month. Wow, that went by quick. Ebay has been around 23 years, you must have been an early adopter, Terry. :)

I have heard of people shopping in their sleep. Do you really do that, Pearl? Did not know that was a real thing. Thought it was something funny that people said. Do you order things you are actually interested in? Sorry, not trying to put you on the spot or anything, just curious.

Rick, Yes I do, I sleep walk and some times get on the internet and shop, I usually buy things that I've been considering buying but once or twice it's just random stuff. It's not usually big items but my husband worries that I talk about donkeys a lot while I'm asleep so he's worried one day a donkey will show up at the door.

Rick, Yes I do, I sleep walk and some times get on the internet and shop, I usually buy things that I've been considering buying but once or twice it's just random stuff. It's not usually big items but my husband worries that I talk about donkeys a lot while I'm asleep so he's worried one day a donkey will show up at the door.
Just as soon as I fix the hole in the canoe petal..

12 years for me on the 28th of this month. Wow, that went by quick. Ebay has been around 23 years, you must have been an early adopter, Terry. :)

I have heard of people shopping in their sleep. Do you really do that, Pearl? Did not know that was a real thing. Thought it was something funny that people said. Do you order things you are actually interested in? Sorry, not trying to put you on the spot or anything, just curious.

Back in those days there was competition for eBay, as Yahoo also had a auction site, the Yahoo one was totally free for buying and selling and often the items were cheaper on Yahoo because of this, I knew people who bought of Yahoo and then sold at a profit on eBay

As you say there are all sorts of sites that used and still do sell things Ebay, Amazon , Gumtree and lest we forget that independent Yorkshire site selling only products made originating in the White Rose County.....................EbayGum ! :08::tw::fp:

I joined in '07. 401 purchases in that time but I've bought very little in the past three years. Got some great bargains at times and been stiffed the odd time too.

Now that is something I didn't know about, being a member of eBay. My managing director, {the wife} deals with things of that nature. I thought that if you wanted something you just looked it up and ordered it. According to SWMBO, we have been members for 12 years. She prefers Amazon and I get the impression that she is trying to buy all their stock. Does anyone know any builders who fit elastic walls?:02:

Wow, Pearl. I find it amazing someone can log onto a computer then log onto a website and buy something while in a sleep walking like state. Doing all those complex tasks while asleep. I can just imagine how a conversation with a merchant might go trying to return something bought in ones sleep. Hopefully you never buy something super expensive like a car while asleep. I chuckle at the idea of somebody showing up at the door with a donkey on a lead saying "Here is your order, sign here please".

Obviously the sleep walker would not know this, but anyone else with experience of it.. are they doing all this with their eyes open, or closed? Just trying to figure out how a sleep walker walks without bumping into things.

Pearl, please know I am not trying to poke fun at you. :28:

Last edited:
Wow, Pearl. I find it amazing someone can log onto a computer then log onto a website and buy something while in a sleep walking like state. Doing all those complex tasks while asleep. I can just imagine how a conversation with a merchant might go trying to return something bought in ones sleep. Hopefully you never buy something super expensive like a car while asleep. I chuckle at the idea of somebody showing up at the door with a donkey on a lead saying "Here is your order, sign here please".

Obviously the sleep walker would not know this, but anyone else with experience of it.. are they doing all this with their eyes open, or closed? Just trying to figure out how a sleep walker walks without bumping into things.

Pearl, please know I am not trying to poke fun at you. :28:
The thing is I. Do it on my phone with click of a button so it's not complicated at all. Nothing expensive so far. It's mainly underwear, shoes, nighties nd other odds and ends. It's usually something I've thought about buying so I think it just stuck in my head.

Back