Earnshaw Strikes Again

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
What exactly was Wally doing that caused him to hammer through a water pipe that leaked into Compo's flat? I don't seem to recall what type of repair or renovation work he was doing when that accident happened. Also, it appeared to me that Foggy had a distaste for certain things Yorkshire-related when he, Compo and Clegg were in the pub having a beer. Was this always the case, and did he express his discontent in any other episodes? I know he at least loved Yorkshire's rolling hills and beautiful landscape, so it couldn't have been that.

Not sure what Wally was up to but it would have been what ever Nora was telling him to do thats for sure.

I think Foggy was trying to show that he was posher then everyone else and I think being away from home saving the world from the Japs in the jungle made him loose touch with his roots.

Yes Susan I agree with you about Foggy. It happens here when our own people emigrate and come back years later thinking they are better than everyone else. They lose touch with their past and culture and heritage. Shamefull. Once they uprooted themselves you cannot turn their clock back. Although I must admit not all of them because when I returned it was like I never left. Maybe it all depends on how homesick you were while away..

The day my parents got married they moved from Sunderland to the Midlands but when ever they talked about Sunderland it was refered to it has "up home" I grow up in the Midlands up Sunderland will always be home for me that's how I was brought up and that's where my family are so my hearts there.

I think you can take some people away from their roots and they re root but with others the roots are to deep so you can't re root them. :D

To show how far my roots go I brought my kids up Sunderland supporters, my twin grandsons declared the their Arsenal loving father that they sopport Sunderland to he was gutted :eek: I have never been so proud ;D

Yes I moved from the Midlands to Norfolk in 1970 but if ever we go back visiting it is always back home.

I'm not overly keen on the Earnshaw episode, not sure why.
I left Rossendale in Lancashire after 33 years in 1988, to move to Anglesey in North Wales, i had always loved the place after having several holidays there since the early 70's, then my best mate moved there so after several holidays at his place, i moved there as well.
I moved to the mainland, between Bangor and Caernarfon in 1999 and i'm still happily living there now, although i still visit Rossendale often and i still love the place.

G ; )

I've lived in Felinheli for about 13 years, it's a nice village but like most places, many of the shops have dissapeared now, just a couple of pubs and the spar/post office left.

G ; )

You lived there! Wow. Beautiful views over the Straits. I stayed there a few years back.

Back