Early worm.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Mmm, should that be 'early worm' or early bird'? Whatever, I had a good nights kip and even managed to do one or two bits of housework this morning like switching the light on, opening the door for Jack to go out and have a pee and, last but not least, doing a V sign to the guy for leaving the gate open who was delivering pamphlets made up from another few thousand trees chopped down to tell the world to save the planet. All that work left me somewhat jaded so after my tea and toast I went back to bed to indulge in another forty winks in order to build up enough energy for the hardest job of the day, combing my hair. It's times like that, that I wish I was devoid of hair. It must be great to run a duster over your bonce than mess about with a miniaturized plastic garden rake trying to organize your white wizened aged wig into some sort of unification. I must set the alarm for 8:45 as my hooter will be ready for blowing by then. After that I will try and do a bit more housework like hanging up the tea towel when Victoria has finished washing up the breakfast dishes. It's all go ain't it?:(
What's your favourite bit of housework?

I used to like doing some ironing, (records on,singing my socks off ) Then the family got me a cleaner twice a week I let her do the ironing and I get a visit from her so I am in touch with my family who know her well. I wont be on my own all week while they are all at work. Add some good neighbours and all is Hunky Dory. :42: :D

One of my favorite chores is to remind dear hubby that he needs to unload the dishwasher. Sort of like Pearl supervising Howard. My second favorite chore is to load the dishwasher and I have recently discovered that pots and pans fit into it quite nicely.

I used to like doing some ironing, (records on,singing my socks off ) Then the family got me a cleaner twice a week I let her do the ironing and I get a visit from her so I am in touch with my family who know her well. I wont be on my own all week while they are all at work. Add some good neighbours and all is Hunky Dory. :42: :D
Speaking of having a cleaner who does the ironing; cooking and cleaning used to be group activities with mothers, grandmothers, children, and aunts all pitching in to get these chores done. With the advent of the vacuum cleaner (hoover), electric iron, washer and dryer, microwave, electric or gas range, slow cooker, and a myriad of other labor saving devices, one performs these chores alone. And with covid, we've even been frightened into ordering our groceries online. Is this isolation good for us? What kind of labor are we being saved from? Yes, having a cleaner come in twice a week is great -- in more ways than one.

Back