Early series.

George

Super Moderator
I have noticed since the show finished I have tended towards watching the earlier series of Summer Wine.
It's lovely to see Sid,Wally,Blamire and Foggy.There's something comforting watching these episodes,Like a security blanket or a favourite chair.

I have noticed since the show finished I have tended towards watching the earlier series of Summer Wine.
It's lovely to see Sid,Wally,Blamire and Foggy.There's something comforting watching these episodes,Like a security blanket or a favourite chair.

I tend to agree with you there George, I much prefer the early stuff to the later stuff,now the show has come to a halt I will miss the scenery just a much as anything else,oh something else I spotted today in Heartbeat on ITV 3 was the railway porter was Tony Capstick, it will be on again tonight,Terry

Ooh Ooh, can you tell me the name of the Heartbeat
episode so I can look for it on TheBox???

I am slowly collecting old Heartbeat episodes.

tnx

chuck

Ah, many thanks. I'll go get it.

I am slowly becoming a fan of both Heartbeat and
The Royal along with my complete collection
of Summer Wine. Great shows. Too bad the BBC
and ITV boffins sold out to the modern stuff.

thanks again

chuck

I feel like you, George, about the earlier episodes. They just feel right. It´s so bitter sweet to see them all again, but also comforting.

I too have a fondness for the earlier episodes: especially when much of the time was spent with just the three and an occasional other, maybe Sid or Wally or some other one off character such as Ludovic. They seemed so very typically Yorkshire

Back