cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Was this the first episode with both Ken Kitson and
Louis Emerich?????

Just re-watched it tonight.

Was this the first episode with both Ken Kitson and
Louis Emerich?????

Just re-watched it tonight.

I think you are right Chuck and then they were in three men an a mangle in the same series :)

Not quite right. "Downhill Racer" was Series #10, 1998, "Three Men and a Mangle" Series #11, 1989. But those were a wee bit out of kilter episodes. Louis Emerick did not become a regular until "Variations on a Theme of the Widow Winstanley", the 2004 Christmas Special between Series #25 and #26. Quote: "Louis Emerick takes over from Tony Capstick as the 2nd Policeman following the latters death a year before. The former previously played the role twice in the late 1980s."

Ken Kitson first showed in "Getting Sam Home" in 1983.
Tony Capstick first showed in the Special "Big Day at Dream Acres" in 1987. He first teamed with Ken Kitson in "That's Not Captain Zero", Series #12, 1990. Would we call them "regulars"? Maybe not until Series #24 in 2003. Prior to that they were just doing one, two episodes a series plus maybe the Christmas Special. They did show in quite a few of the latter.

They were a real highlight for me, Cooper and Walsh. I thought they were great.

I still don't understand why not one channel was interested in taking these characters on as a series. They'd have a ready made audience of hundreds of thousands, they would be so much funnier than the slop we're offered as comedy these days, and, even better, they're ready made characters, so no need to build a background story for them.

Back