double whammy

its quite possible in Holmfirth to have what i call a double whammy.
As i am sure many of you are aware the Picturedrome which is abourt 20 yards from Sids cafe is a venue for holding live concerts etc, if you check who is coming on there on their website you can quite often see that a band you might have liked or even loved years ago is appearing there. These bands have obviously left the limelight and are now playing smaller venues.

example...

I was sitting outside the bridge inn pub nextdoor to the picturedrome enjoying an ice cold pint of guinness, it was a lovely sunny autumn day and me and my wife had just spent all morning and half the aftrernoon trekking around the hills nearby visiting many of the sites used in Summer Wine and taking lots of photos, my wife then came and sat with me after a little look round the shops and then music started playing ( the reason we were in holmfirth was to see Thomas Dolby, one of my musical idols from the eighties), he and his band where sound checking in the picturedrome.
We listened to the whole sound check and the the stage door opened and out he came , he walked past us , looked straight at us and then went acroos the road and dissapeared into daisy lane book shop (to understand me you would have to imagine this was someone you was a fan of but had never seen before), i never spoke to him and as it turned out i could have done because on the night he was talking to loads of fans and was even sat outside the bridge inn with quite a lot of them...
Anyway to recap,, you can have a great couple of days trekking around the Summer wine sites (weather permitting) have your dinner at Compo's chippy, have tea and a scone in Sids cafe go back to your B+B etc , get ready and go to watch one of you favourite artists from yesteryear,,,a double whammy and a perfect little break!!!!!!!

Back