DOCUMENTARY IN SUMMER WINE MUSEUM

antis40

Hi . I was in Holmfirth for the 50 years celebrations that I enjoyed immensely . Was great to see so many people enjoying it as much as me .
I paid a visit to the summer wine museum that I really enjoyed. I started watching the film that they were showing that seems to be a documentary that I haven’t watched before. I asked on my way out if it was available to purchase but the lady that was there said they didn’t have it in the gift shop but try looking at their online store. I did this but they didn’t seem to have it .
So my question is, does anybody know of this documentary and where can I purchase it ? Thanks in advance

Might need you to describe the doco that you saw there a little more. Unless someone here has seen it there and knows which it is. Was there a specific presenter narrating? Was it a full length one or just a few minutes long?

There is a 'Last of the Summer Wine 30 Years of laughs'

There is also a different one on the U.S. 'Vintage' DVD sets had 2 doco specials that were only released on region 1. Titled '30 Years of Last of the Summer Wine' (1995). It was updated from '25 Years of... ' Technically one special but with several more minutes of updated new content included. I am not sure if that would be the one being shown since it would be on a R1 disc. This one has a different presenter.

Here you go, sadly the video was been mangled for copyright reasons.

All I can think of to offer at the moment.

Thank you for your reply and you have answered my question . It was the second one that I was watching in the museum . They had a really good copy of it . Thanks again

Glad we figured out which one it was. I am surprised it was the one released on NTSC DVD. That is the doco I watched which really cemented my liking for the show after seeing a few random episodes. :)

Apologies Terry, I had forgotten to check if you still had that link up.

I will be visiting Holmfirth again this summer so will ask where they acquired it. I really enjoyed the museum and as I was with someone that is happy to watch episodes , his not a massive fan like me so I know I could have spent at least another hour in there ! Good excuse to visit I say

@antis40 If you are interested seek out the DVD 'Last of the Summer Wine Vintage 1995' box set 2 discs from American ebay vendors or Amazon. There are about a dozen used for sale currently all for less than $20 on ebay. Make sure it has both discs, you get some nice video extras as well.

I have heard that the European DVD players have no problem playing both PAL Region 2 & NTSC Region 1. If that is the case then you are set. Unfortunetly here in the States most of our normal dvd players are locked to Region 1. There are ways around it and we can seek out ones that play both formats.

I think it is worth the buy.

Back