dock pudding

gremlin

Dedicated Member
Has anyone tried the local delicacy in and around holmfirth, "dock pudding" ? I'm from Leeds originally but never heard of this...lately, however, i've seen it on "The hairy bikers" and Michael portillo's railway journey programme in Hebden Bridge...it looks dreadful...went to see my elderly mother in Leeds last week and asked her about it, she said it tastes as bad as it looks, but when the dock season is here soon i cant help but try it.. ;D

Well your not really selling it to anyone :D I don't think I'll bother thank you ;D

Its not dock pudding but I remember as a youngster having to help my mother collect the " tops "of nettle plants .From these she made a kind of " beer " which was intended (after she had prepared it) to cleanse the system and give you a boost.I dont remember the way of preparation but most people reacted to it as you did to the dock pudding Susan :D However, many people including us always used to look forward to " nettle beer " season :D

remember similar dick, but like you I cant remember the refinements.....as for dock pudding susan, i'll report back, but I know I've not sold it, might be a bit silly ; :)

I need new glasses.I thought people were talkin about Duck pudding until I had a closer look :D :D :D

I look forward to a lot of delicacies when I finally get to Holmsfirth. However, I wthink I will pass on the Dock Pudding!

Back