Did Pearl Preempt Lockdown????

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I've just watched What Happened To Barry's Midlife Crisis and it was quite strange seeing Pearl telling Howard he's going into lockdown, then Clegg & Truly are talking about lockdown. Then in the next scene Miss Davenport & Marina are talking about viruses (albeit computer ones!) how spooky......

Makes me wonder, how Howard would have coped during the Covid Lockdown, would he have broken the rules to get out and see Marina????

I can certainly see Auntie Wainright selling Howard and Marina a pair of WWII gas masks and other bio-hazard gear. Compo would have reacted to the "stay 6 feet apart" mandate as the "Torries" interfering with his love-life. I can imagine Seymour inventing "full-body masking", and Foggy would set about organizing everyone for "optimum compliance" in the hope of earning a medal from the Queen.

Last edited:
how Howard would have coped during the Covid Lockdown,

Library closed so book excuse is a non-starter , could he construe that a bike ride was his one hour exercise [think that's what we were allowed during the first wave but stand to be corrected ] as could Marina but fear for a fixed price penalty they would either have to ride the bike at least two metres apart if the chose to ride side by side. Clegg would be delighted as Howard could no longer enter his house without knocking . The bonus would be that Howard would finish all possible jobs Pearl needed doing so when lockdown was lifted he'd have no constraints to going out from work being needed around the house though sure with the help of the Ladies Pearl will find something. Sure Howard would want Marina in his bubble but equally Pearl will be armed with a very sharp hat pin.

Back