day out help

minxie

Dedicated Member
Hi wino's

I am going out for the day next wed, for my birthday, with my girlie friends and can't decide where to go, I live in Gloucestershire and I am a bit stuck for ideas. Does anyone have any inspiration for me, I don't mind a train ride for about an hour in any direction. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

thanks, guys n gals

have u thought bout going into bristol with ur friends 4 a bit of shopping, thts not far from gloucester, i suppose it depends what u and ur friends like doing tho

Hi wino's

I am going out for the day next wed, for my birthday, with my girlie friends and can't decide where to go, I live in Gloucestershire and I am a bit stuck for ideas. Does anyone have any inspiration for me, I don't mind a train ride for about an hour in any direction. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

thanks, guys n gals

Bath is beautiful. Have also had very good runs ashore in Cardiff.

Hi wino's

thanks, guys n gals

The Village of Laycock near Bath where they filmed Cranford is very nice,with a super tea rooms

I do like Bath, and Laycock, Cardiff if a good one as well, plenty of pubs.

so some good ideas there thanks

I do like Bath, and Laycock, Cardiff if a good one as well, plenty of pubs.

so some good ideas there thanks

if your going 2 bath and ur with a group of ladies then maybe a spa there might b a gud idea?

Or the fudge shop in Bath. I love that little place! It's quite expensive fudge, but it's a lovely treat.

Thanks for all your ideas, I have been to bath quite a few times, I know which fudge shop you mean Rhi, it's lovely and there is a quirky tea shop close by that serves the most enormous slices of cake!!

I have done a lot of spa's, so prob won't do that. I feel like being a bit silly

Someone did mention going to Weston, and have a silly day, on the pier eating chips, and playing crazy golf, ( and of course frequenting the local lemonade bars!!) Marchants the local coach company do a coach trip for £18.00.

Big unc I have a photo and I am going to try and put it on later, its of course from the cruise..

I have managed to put a new profile pic on, this was taken on the first formal night on board.

Scrubbed up well that night, even though the sea was a bit curvy that evening and was a tad green

I think I know the tea shop, Minxie. There is also a Vom fas shop. Generally I only visit Bath just before Christmas. They have a shop called December 25th. Naturally enough it's full of Christmas ornaments. Years ago a friend of mine got divorced and money was extremely tight for her and her children. She and the children loved Christmas, all the lights, the sounds and magic of it, so every year when I went to Bath for a day out I'd go to that shop and get her a decoration for her tree. Neither of us had much money, but it was kind of like saying 'well we got through another year and here we are at Christmas again.' Funny how you don't need to spend much to say a lot, isn't it?

So I have decided to go to Weston on the train, with my two sisters and bezzie mate. We are gonna eat fish n chips on the pier, play crazy golf, visit a few lemonade bars, and a mr whippy for puddie.

We are hoping they still have the silly mirrors on the pier they had them years ago, and it was so funny we laughed for hours.

We then get back home and it's off into town for more lemonade and a trip to the theatre to see Penelope Keith.

Tues night its out for a meal with friends, and then thursday I am being taken somewhere posh, but I don't know where. I have been told to dress up and get ready for champagne and nibbles.
Finally on a saturday night we (Girlies only) are heading to a cocktail bar, all poshed up for some fun.

Phew!!! Sunday I shall be comatose

Back