Cyle race series takes its name from LOTSW

chris

Dedicated Member
Tonight whilst browsing on my steam powered computer I found a connection to our show in the most surprising place ,I used to be a racing cyclist in the sixties and seventies and still have a great interest in my old sport but nowadays I watch it on Eurosport.There is an organisation called The League of Veteran Cyclists ie riders over forty and up to when you cant keep up with the bunch anymore ,they organise races all over GB and have a season long race programme called Last of The Summer Wine races with winners who have accumulated the most points.It is hotly contested and I could imagine Foggy taking charge with Clegg having to do the starting and Compo in charge of betting .When I was looking at some of the results I noticed a couple of names that I raced against its amazing that they can still do it I am 70 and they could be slightly older so I take my hat off to them.

I used to be a racing cyclist in the sixties and seventies and still have a great interest in my old sport.

Wow! Me as well. Raced USCF Veteran here in the States. Was
state champ in the 25-mile time trial one year.

Now wife and I just plod along on our tandem.

chuck

25th OCTOBER Jackson Bridge is the National hill climb championships of England not sure whereabouts but an interesting Sunday morning used to come up the north a lot in the sixties and seventies riding hill climbs.

Back