COVID Vaccine.

Good News Pearl so have you had news about your second jab or are you going to be subject to the suggested changes of extending the gap between jabs to 12 weeks.

Good News Pearl so have you had news about your second jab or are you going to be subject to the suggested changes of extending the gap between jabs to 12 weeks.
I've heard nothing yet, I have an appointment for 20th of January but that might change I suppose. To be honest I'm of the opinion that if delaying mine means more can have the first one I'd be ok with that, I want this over with and the way that's going happen is if everyone gets the vaccine. I'll let you know if my appointment changes.

I'm calling it a day on this, I'll let you know when I have my second one but to close I feel fine, have had no side effects what so ever. I know different people might have some but all in all I highly recommend people get it so we can be over with this. Good luck to you all and stay safe.

In yesterday's update they alluded to the Army being involved in ramping up the vaccination programme , you don't think they have been adapting machine guns to deliver many doses in one burst of fire :eek::oops::30:

In yesterday's update they alluded to the Army being involved in ramping up the vaccination programme , you don't think they have been adapting machine guns to deliver many doses in one burst of fire :eek::oops::30:
I think it's the only reason I'd be ok with weaponry on our streets.

Well sadly the linchpin, who should , as leader of men , be in charge, Foggy Dewhirst, cannot sadly assume the role of primary coordinator for the Army's involvement in the vaccine role out . It is a real shame because he had already patented a mechanism to deliver the vaccine in Destiny and Six Bananas.:)

Well sadly the linchpin, who should , as leader of men , be in charge, Foggy Dewhirst, cannot sadly assume the role of primary coordinator for the Army's involvement in the vaccine role out . It is a real shame because he had already patented a mechanism to deliver the vaccine in Destiny and Six Bananas.:)
We could ask John Lowe! Dangle him from a helicopter at people standing on their rooftops.

I had the first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine this morning. So far, just a bit of discomfort at the injection site, but much less than from a flu shot. The pharmacist who administered it is an expert! I hardly felt the needle. I came away with an appointment on February 15th for the second dose. I'll keep you posted about side effects, if any.

I had the first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine this morning. So far, just a bit of discomfort at the injection site, but much less than from a flu shot. The pharmacist who administered it is an expert! I hardly felt the needle. I came away with an appointment on February 15th for the second dose. I'll keep you posted about side effects, if any.
Well done that man, seen that on Facebook but can't comment. :03:

Should soon get the call, but still have to wait to be sent for ! Possibly mid -Feb But am in the over 70s C E V group !.The wheels appear to be grinding exceedingly slow. My local health authority are only just getting the over 80s.:08:

Should soon get the call, but still have to wait to be sent for ! Possibly mid -Feb But am in the over 70s C E V group !.The wheels appear to be grinding exceedingly slow. My local health authority are only just getting the over 80s.:08:
The CDC recently added to the eligible group by including age 65 and up. In New York State that increased the number of eligible, unvaccinated people to 7 million. At the same time, the Federal government reduced the weekly number of doses distributed to the State from 300,000 to 250,000. I feel very fortunate to have gotten an appointment so soon.

Next day — A larger area around the vaccine site, about 4" in diameter, feels bruised, but only if I apply pressure to it. So far, the side effects are no big deal and are having no effect on function.

There really seems to be regional variations when you view the news updates Dick . I think the limiting factor was always going to be the supplies of the vaccine but hopefully the companies can ramp up Production . I read somewhere at the very start of the programme a number of doses were wasted which is criminal but it appears to have been a mix up with the approval process.

Well, one of the problems with having a vaccine is actually travelling to a vaccine centre. Dad recently had his invite letter from the NHS, so we tried applying through the NHS website. The nearest centre they listed was around 27 miles away, with the next nearest being 56 miles away. Being unable to travel, we told our GP, who arranged for Dad to visit a smaller vaccine centre only 12 miles away, which means he can easily use local public transport to get there (IE a taxi). My advice is to try and apply through your GP when you get your invite letter, so you have the chance to get in somewhere not too far away from your home.

Back