COVID Vaccine.

Despite all my ailments, I'm not nearly as vulnerable as the people in the groups that are queued ahead of me.
I got mine this quick because of my rheumatoid arthritis and the 2 forms of immune suppressants. I wasn't expecting it until February but I think I'm lucky my GP is a Rheumatologist as well as a GP.

It cant come soon enough for me. I've just had a text message telling me that as I am clinically vulnerable I should shield at least into the New Year !
IT also said that I as a C V person would be getting a letter from the Health Authority confirming it !:confused:

I got mine this quick because of my rheumatoid arthritis and the 2 forms of immune suppressants. I wasn't expecting it until February but I think I'm lucky my GP is a Rheumatologist as well as a GP.
So your medical system has much more flexibility than New York State's practitioners have. Any practice that diverges from the State Health Department's very specific priorities will be charged with fraud. If convicted they will be fined up to a million dollars and will permanently lose their license to practice in New York State.

So your medical system has much more flexibility than New York State's practitioners have. Any practice that diverges from the State Health Department's very specific priorities will be charged with fraud. If convicted they will be fined up to a million dollars and will permanently lose their license to practice in New York State.
I think ours are just trying to get the vaccine to as many as possible as quickly as possible. That seems a very ridged system.

It cant come soon enough for me. I've just had a text message telling me that as I am clinically vulnerable I should shield at least into the New Year !
IT also said that I as a C V person would be getting a letter from the Health Authority confirming it !:confused:
Had the same too.

Ask away. No ladies live here.
I was just wondering if you came under the 75s or 85s that you got your vaccine now.
You need not answer if you don`t wish to.:eyesroll: If it makes you feel better I am over 75`s and was wondering when I might be getting mine. I am sure there is one "LADY" THERE.:22:

I was just wondering if you came under the 75s or 85s that you got your vaccine now.
You need not answer if you don`t wish to.:eyesroll: If it makes you feel better I am over 75`s and was wondering when I might be getting mine. I am sure there is one "LADY" THERE.:22:
No I can honestly say there's no ladies here
I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm on 2 immune suppressants so that's why I'm on the early list. I'm 57 so still got a way to go before 75 but suppose it'll be here quick enough :p

No I can honestly say there's no ladies here
I have rheumatoid arthritis and I'm on 2 immune suppressants so that's why I'm on the early list. I'm 57 so still got a way to go before 75 but suppose it'll be here quick enough :p
You only have to swap your 57 age numbers over, and what do you get?

I think ours are just trying to get the vaccine to as many as possible as quickly as possible. That seems a very ridged system.
Happy to hear that you're having no symptoms. Give it another day and you'll probably be home free.

Alternatively, you could think of the New York State prioritization system as triage, putting the most vulnerable first. The death rate among the elderly living in congregate facilities has been horribly high. Vaccinating them and their caregivers will stop that horror in its tracks. Prioritizing patient-facing hospital and medical office staff is similar to the instruction to put on your own oxygen mask before helping others with theirs. The rest of us can protect ourselves through effective masking, keeping a safe distance from other people who are wearing effective masks, and walking quickly away from unmasked or ineffectively masked people.

I was relieved by the news that my cousin, who is an emergency room nurse, had her first dose on December 23rd. She's a generation younger than I am and very healthy, but because of her job, if she had been behind me in the queue I would have insisted on swapping places with her.

The manufacturers are working flat out, but the supply is still quite limited. To compound the problem, the Federal distribution system is chaotic. According to yesterday's New York Times, New York State was allocated 1,148,450 doses for a population of 19.5 million. As of yesterday, only 682,425 doses have been delivered from the Federal storage facilities. Of those, 140,676 doses had been administered, with the people designated to carry out the administration working as quickly as they can while ensuring that none of the vials are stolen for sale on the black market. One instance of vaccine misappropriation has been identified so far, so now all vaccine administration sites are taking extra care to account for every vial, which takes a bit more time.

Back