Could Peter Sallis have played Napoleon?

Mrs blamire (i wish)

Sorry for the non summer wine question but I saw this film called “clash by night” with peter sallis in it, and am I mad but I swear Peter sallis in another life could have played Napoleon Bonaparte if ever given the chance? Im not saying they’re EXACTLY alike but I can’t help see a little resemblance? In the hairstyle anyway? Or is it just me?
FBD4E8F5-88AF-4B3B-B278-8F64C75780F1.jpeg2FEE87D0-1231-473F-A0FA-DF1EE4F752AA.jpeg

Thank you for posting these pictures! I'd love to see that movie but it's hard to find here. I see what you mean as far as looks! Honestly though, I doubt it's a role he would have taken. There is an interview Peter did with Peter Levy, I think Captain posted it some time back, and Peter gave his opinion of his place in the acting world and of those doing parts he felt ill-suited to them. Also, I think it's in his book, he talks about having pains getting Poirot's accent right for a radio production he was in, and I don't think he was ever happy with it as he turned down an offer to do more. I'd feel very sorry for him having to fret over Napoleon's accent. It seems he took whatever he did very seriously.

Sorry for the non summer wine question but I saw this film called “clash by night” with peter sallis in it, and am I mad but I swear Peter sallis in another life could have played Napoleon Bonaparte if ever given the chance? Im not saying they’re EXACTLY alike but I can’t help see a little resemblance? In the hairstyle anyway? Or is it just me?
View attachment 4762View attachment 4763
Is this the same set they used for a few scenes in LOTSW?. The pile of hay looks familiar.

Foggy had just finished his banana.....whilst Compo is ruing the fact that he could not have a "tour of duty" round Lilly Sissons because she did not like khaki......."she were air force mad" to quote the little scruffy romeo........

AND WHAT ABOUT....."Frogman Sid"....flogging his wetsuit for £5 !!!!....and Foggy lamenting that "he has never been one for dogs or cats....but little £5 notes.......as Compo snatches the note from his hands......AND WHAT ABOUT.....Smiler [a.k.a. CAPTAIN CATASTROPHE !!!!] realising that he did not just hate "his ex wife's solicitor".....but a long list of adversaries.....WHICH LED TO.....Compo the HUMAN SCARECROW actually BECOMING ONE...as he helped the farmer with the bale of hay !!!!.

Back