Cooper & Walsh

I can understand people being disappointed that this hasn`t worked out but (and I hope you don`t mind me saying this) I don`t think the BBC can be blamed for one second. They gave LOTSW 31 series and, unless they received a great pilot script, the BBC really shouldn`t be making a spin-off from it.

It would be great to have some Cooper and Walsh episodes if they were written by Roy Clarke but for the BBC to give him two new shows (one a remake and one a spin-off) when he is nearly 85 would be an odd decision.

I understand what you're saying but the fact that the BBC totally ignore a whole generation of licence pays is not on. They must think that a horrible show like Come/celeb Dancing is what it takes to keep us happy. They gave Roy Clark three great shows at one point and we're not asking for a full 6/8/12 part series but a pilot would have been nice just to test the waters. I think being back Open All Hours was a mistake............... Yes John I said it........ Its not a patch on the original Where as Cooper and Walsh would be a completely different show.

I understand what you're saying but the fact that the BBC totally ignore a whole generation of licence pays is not on. They must think that a horrible show like Come/celeb Dancing is what it takes to keep us happy. They gave Roy Clark three great shows at one point and we're not asking for a full 6/8/12 part series but a pilot would have been nice just to test the waters. I think being back Open All Hours was a mistake............... Yes John I said it........ Its not a patch on the original Where as Cooper and Walsh would be a completely different show.

I would respectfully disagree with you one on this one Pearl. You already mentioned Still Open All Hours and Last Tango in Halifax but Boomers will return this year, Count Arthur Strong started again this week and the Still Game team revealed a while ago that the BBC would like a new series.

I`m also not really sure why older people should feel excluded from watching things like Miranda which are clearly intended to reach the widest audience possible.

And The Wrong Mans got universal great reviews from what I saw so I`m not sure why anyone wouldn`t want to watch it simply based on the ages of the characters involved. :biggrin:

I would respectfully disagree with you one on this one Pearl. You already mentioned Still Open All Hours and Last Tango in Halifax but Boomers will return this year, Count Arthur Strong started again this week and the Still Game team revealed a while ago that the BBC would like a new series.

I`m also not really sure why older people should feel excluded from watching things like Miranda which are clearly intended to reach the widest audience possible.

And The Wrong Mans got universal great reviews from what I saw so I`m not sure why anyone wouldn`t want to watch it simply based on the ages of the characters involved. :biggrin:

I'll accept your respectful disagreement and just add that with respect I can't stand Miranda or Still Game but I'm chuffed Boomers is coming back, it had a shaky start but by the end I loved it. I'll Google the rest and get back to you :D

As for me being old :30: :29:

I paid by card too. Waiting repayment.:mad:

Still no refund!:unhappy: This has turned out to be an awfully long 24 hours, starting from just after 9 AM on 4 January. I'll never again contribute to a project funded through Crowdfunder.

Marianna

Still no refund!:unhappy: This has turned out to be an awfully long 24 hours, starting from just after 9 AM on 4 January. I'll never again contribute to a project funded through Crowdfunder.

Marianna

I am in total agreement Marianna! Although if we'd paid thro' PAYPAL it may not have been any better. My paper has a list of letters from EX- Paypal customers this morning. None has a good word to say about the organisation :mad: :mad:

I am in total agreement Marianna! Although if we'd paid thro' PAYPAL it may not have been any better. My paper has a list of letters from EX- Paypal customers this morning. None has a good word to say about the organisation :mad: :mad:

I paid via PayPal with my credit card. I've never before had a problem with the timeliness of their postings of both debits and credits. I use them in preference to letting every online retailer I deal with have my credit card number.

Marianna

When I did my pledge I went through something called GoCardless. That way you do not pay until everything is ok it lasted 24 weeks. No problem.

Anyone here that does not have their refunds by Friday please pm me with details, ie amount and email address used for payment plus the date Paypal took the funds and I will take this up with Crowdfunding

I assume you have checked your actual Paypal account to make sure it has not been refunded and not just waiting on a email

Most folk did seem to have their payment refunded quickly so if you have not had it I will try and find out what is happening

Terry

I assume you have checked your actual Paypal account to make sure it has not been refunded and not just waiting on a email.

Oh, yes! Several times a day, as well as my credit card account's transactions list. I had hoped to see the refund posted to the credit card account before the 11th, the statement closing date, but I seriously doubt that it's going to happen by then.

Marianna

Anyone here that does not have their refunds by Friday please pm me with details, ie amount and email address used for payment plus the date Paypal took the funds and I will take this up with Crowdfunding

I assume you have checked your actual Paypal account to make sure it has not been refunded and not just waiting on a email

Most folk did seem to have their payment refunded quickly so if you have not had it I will try and find out what is happening

Terry

Received an email from Crowdfunder this morning saying, 'The cause of the delay was PayPal's API not responding to our refund request.' They sent the refund again and asked me to check PayPal and let them know whether or not it had arrived. It hadn't, so they said they'd contact PayPal directly to investigate the problem. Sounds like a software glitch, so who knows when the refund will be posted.

Marianna

Received an email from Crowdfunder this morning saying, 'The cause of the delay was PayPal's API not responding to our refund request.' They sent the refund again and asked me to check PayPal and let them know whether or not it had arrived. It hadn't, so they said they'd contact PayPal directly to investigate the problem. Sounds like a software glitch, so who knows when the refund will be posted.

Marianna

I received the same e-mail Marianna so emailed them to say it had not arrived yet.:25:

Crowdfunder just manually processed the refund through PayPal.

Of course, the exchange rate has altered drastically since October, so I'm getting back only $0.887 on the dollar.

Marianna

Now I have to take back my statement about never again backing anything via Crowdfunder. The refund problem apparently was due to a software glitch at PayPal.

Marianna

Cooper and Walsh

Well said, Nicko 12345. I agree 100%. Without Roy Clarkes brilliant script input this was always going to be a non-starter.:'(

Marianna

I made my donation thru paypal and it was returned the day after the deadline. Maybe it being put on a credit card makes some additional red tape. I am sure if you contact them they will resolve this issue.

:unhappy:
Crowdfunder just manually processed the refund through PayPal.

Of course, the exchange rate has altered drastically since October, so I'm getting back only $0.887 on the dollar.

Marianna

Oops, sorry should have finished the thread. I need to check the exchange. Never checked.

Last edited:
Back