Compo's Thursdays

C

CompoSimmonite

Previously the first I'd heard about Compo's Thursday's was in the episode "Surprise at Throstlenest". However today I watched "Under the Rug" and he leaves Clegg & Truly saying "see you later, it's me Thursday".
That means Roy Clarke must have been doing the groundwork for the Throstlenest story whilst Bill Owen was still alive !
Are Compo's Thursday's mentioned anywhere else ?

Paul H

Previously the first I'd heard about Compo's Thursday's was in the episode "Surprise at Throstlenest". However today I watched "Under the Rug" and he leaves Clegg & Truly saying "see you later, it's me Thursday".
That means Roy Clarke must have been doing the groundwork for the Throstlenest story whilst Bill Owen was still alive !
Are Compo's Thursday's mentioned anywhere else ?

Paul H

No guarantee. The last complete episode Bill Owen did was "Last Post and Pigeon". The three episodes of the 2000 Series #21 had not been completed when he died. In the scene mentioned in "Under the Rug" it is probable Compo was played by a double.

From memory, it was a body double used for the shot where 'Compo' departs, and it's also not Bill Owen delivering the line. It seems this part of the scene was recorded after Bill Owen's death to explain his absence from some of the episode.

Back