Compo's teeth

Howlett

I am wandering through all the dvds I recently bought (did I tell you that I have bought all of the series aside from 25 which amazonUK does not have at present) and am on the 1st disk of Series 21 right now ... one of the delightful details I have noticed is that Compo's teeth keep changing ... there are times he appears to be missing his front left tooth, other times a few uppers on the right are gone with the front tooth replaced ... I can hardly believe he has bridges that he forgets to put in ... no matter ... the repetitive nature of many of the episodes is so wonderful, the wanders in the Yorkshire countryside, the delight at hearing 'oh Howard', 'oh Marina' ...

I, too, wondered about his teeth although I never exactly kept detailed notes except that his teeth looked pretty good in the later episodes.

my guess is that in real life at the beginning of the series Bill had lost teeth as some people do with age but with time maybe he thought he wanted replacements put in and did and that's probably why in the later years there's no gaps in his teeth

I think we did this once before because didn't we say they seemed to change with episode to episode? ???

I think we did this once before because didn't we say they seemed to change with episode to episode? ???

don't ask me dick, i'm just a passing idiot :D (maybe I've come to the right place ;))

Lately Darren the more " off the wall " ideas seem to rule! (look at the Glendas Skirts saga!) :-[ ::) ;) ;) :-[ Seriously though I thought we'd covered it talking continuity about some episode! ??? ???

Lately Darren the more " off the wall " ideas seem to rule! (look at the Glendas Skirts saga!) :-[ ::) ;) ;) :-[ Seriously though I thought we'd covered it talking continuity about some episode! ??? ???

yeah I noticed this place seems to have gone a bit wild and some posts have been near the knuckle in that topic but I know its all done in the name of fun and nothing else. you could be right dick it could have been covered before, I can't remember it personally so it might have been done before I joined the site which was just over a year ago

my guess is that in real life at the beginning of the series Bill had lost teeth as some people do with age but with time maybe he thought he wanted replacements put in and did and that's probably why in the later years there's no gaps in his teeth

It also looks to me like they "blacked out" some of his teeth in early episodes to make it look like he'd lost some, which would be in keeping with the character. There is at least one episode where Compo says something that implies he has some false teeth but doesn't always wear them.

Thanks Susan -Pearl , I was wondering which one we'd mentioned it on ??? ??? :-\

"dabt"....hi bwingate, where does that come from and how on earth can you pronounce it ? :)
I learned the term from Billy or those talking about him as Robin Hood. I believe it means the same as idiot. Billy and Wesley were my favorite minor characters.
See how LOTSW is educating me in the finer words of life.
;D ;)

Back