Compo's Grave

Afternoon all.

I was watching Series 1 episode 2 last night. Opening sequence sees Compo, Clegg and Blamire running out of the church in upperthong where Compo is buried. Compo runs past the site of where his grave now is.

Question: Did Compo choose his burial plot or was that just a weird coincidence?

Does anyone know why Peter Sallie wanted to buried next to Bill Owen? I recently read a book about LotSW that said they weren't close friends.

Not sure about the book you read, can you ID it for us? I have several LotSW books and would be interested if I overlooked something in them. My impression is that Bill and Peter were good friends all along. Bill and Michael Bates ( Blamire) did not get along well via political reasons from what I understood.

Brian Wilde (Foggy) in later years started to not get along with the others when Brian began feeling he was the most important one in the series. I heard Brian started to demand that he receive the most pay and get top billing as he started to represent himself and cut loose his agent. That is based on what I have read and heard so please take it with a grain of salt if you will. :)

Not sure about the book you read, can you ID it for us? I have several LotSW books and would be interested if I overlooked something in them. My impression is that Bill and Peter were good friends all along. Bill and Michael Bates ( Blamire) did not get along well via political reasons from what I understood.

Brian Wilde (Foggy) in later years started to not get along with the others when Brian began feeling he was the most important one in the series. I heard Brian started to demand that he receive the most pay and get top billing as he started to represent himself and cut loose his agent. That is based on what I have read and heard so please take it with a grain of salt if you will. :)

It's the book by Andrew Vine. I may have misremembered what it said about Sallis and Owen.

Back