Compo's Bog Off

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Name episodes and the scene and who Compo's tells to Bog Off, I will start the ball rolling when he said it to Truly in Tarzan of the Towpath, when Truly tells him to get more speed up when he is pulling the boat from the bridge

I feel sure he even told Cleggy a couple of times ,when Clegg teased him . I cannot put a name to an episode though !;)

The other one I can recall is in the episode "three men and a mangle" where Compo meets with with Cleggy and Seymour outside the cafe, Seymours to Compo "And a very good day to you, little smarmy person" Compo replieds Bog Off

And another in "Who's that bloke with Nora Batty then" while resting by the river and Compo tells Seymour to Bog Off

The Phrase does crop up in a later episode where someone threatens to die on A Tuesday and Truly, Billy and Clegg collectively try to persuade him that its worth living and he wont die . Prior to the arrival of Marina they try another ploy and it is then when the phrase appears . As the person confirms he is definitely dying on Tuesday the trio collectively try to dissuade him and utter " Come on old son don't you know its BOGOFF or as everyone knows its Beer O'Clock Goff:08::fp:

Last edited:
Shut up and eat your Choc Ice, at the end, after Compo has a crash and Nora offers to feel his pulse and Seymour tries to tell he's OK, he tells Seymour to 'bog off'

From wellies to wetsuit, Sid says "Why don't you bog off you lot" when he comes out of the pond in his snorkelling gear and the trio are waiting at the edge

Back