Compo's benefits

C

Compo

We all know that Compo didn't live a rich lifestyle.. LOL But I just wonder what kind of benefits he was getting. Are Benefits that good in Britain?? He had to pay some kind of rent, plus food and utitlity bills, and of course the Bookies and sometimes paid for his own beer, feed the Ferrets. Was there ever mention of him working sometime in his past..??

He'd be starving to death under this Government.

He must have won on the GGs now and then, if he was on a state pension he would have got help with his rent and poll tax. His eletric was always being shut off too.

Yes he could have won the GGs. But to get a Pension you would have had to work and pay contributions. It must have been some kind of benefits. He also went on his Thursdays out.

We all know that Compo didn't live a rich lifestyle.. LOL But I just wonder what kind of benefits he was getting. Are Benefits that good in Britain?? He had to pay some kind of rent, plus food and utitlity bills, and of course the Bookies and sometimes paid for his own beer, feed the Ferrets. Was there ever mention of him working sometime in his past..??

If we go back to First of the Summer Wine he was employed by the Co-Op for a while. He would have paid an insurance stamp for a time, and he did also serve in the army so he would be entitiled to some benefits I suppose.

Not sure from over here, but ...

How do On The Dole and Council Housing play into this???

Back then you could get a council house quit easily and if he was on the dole (back then) his rent would have been paid by the state.

Its changed a bit now, some the better but some not so.

Back