Compo whacking Clegg with his hat

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
Anyone else like the moments when Compo,annoyed at Clegg being in his own little world,used to take his hat off and whack him with it? :)

Somehow Blamire was slightly distant and right in the first epsiode her told Compo he preferrred not to be known as Cyril but the "rounded tones of Mr Blamire" thus not surprised at not being physically attacked

I always like these scenes, it doesn´t matter who is whacking who, lol! I particularly like when you can see for a fraction of a second that the whacked person is stifling a smile. I love the one on the Frozen Turkey Man with the bush stop, but I also love when Seymour just pulls Clegg´s cap down over his eyes and Compo pulls it up again so that it looks really ridiculous in Treasure of the Deep. Clegg´s cap is just the best for getting whacked because it comes down so nicely over his eyes ;D.

Compo had a very good technique for whacking Clegg he always managed to push the peak downwards over his eyes.

One of my favorites is when they are lying on the hillside and Compo is ticking Foggy off with his "comrade" talk. Foggy has walked off and Clegg is explaining that Compo has just re-structured his image in Foggy's eyes, and Compo asks how he sees him now:

Clegg: Vanessa Redgrave.

Compo: Cheeky! (smack) Cheeky! (smack)

I crack up every time!

Back