Completed binge of every LotSW episode, on a projector

tommy

Dedicated Member
I've been for ages planning "one day" to do a chronological binge of every series and special of LotSW. Back in the spring I got an LED projector and decided perfect time to do it, so that is what I have been doing for the summer. I’ve called it my Summer Wine Summer ‘22 Binge :)

What a ride! Seeing it basically theatrically took it to another level and the large screen gave me the chance to get so lost scanning the backgrounds and distance for things that I would often have to back up to catch storyline I missed. I think I may start running episodes mute when I listen to music just to look for things not noticed while paying attention to the show :) The scenery that was always so beautiful on TV is even more breathtaking, especially when the episodes go wide screen. These projectors have gotten cheaper than a small TV, I highly recommend the experience.

I just wrapped it up with the FotSW prequel. Now I am looking forward to getting back to episodes of LotSW with Compo. Haven't decided if I am going to go back and watch favorite episodes/series or maybe random/shuffle (minus series 1-2 and 21-23, I'd rather skip Cyril and hold off on seeing Compo death and surrounding episodes again for a good while).

Sounds great, tommy! Got my projector over the weekend. Still trying to sort out the room and get the audio hooked up. Don't have the screen up yet either but what I have watched on the wall has me impressed. Thanks for the idea :18: . Will shoot you a chat when things settle down a bit.

Let's not forget that the last few series were filmed in 4k or HD at least...

If ever there was a series to showcase the wonders of ultra high definition it was the beauty of the LOTSW backdrops..

Back