Colour of Skin

C

Compo

Watching an episode of LOTSW yesterday made me ask this question. Our three friends roam the hills all day long and yet do not have any kind of tanned skin. I realize they are not in the Med Sea area but the Sun does shine on the Hills.

Watching an episode of LOTSW yesterday made me ask this question. Our three friends roam the hills all day long and yet do not have any kind of tanned skin. I realize they are not in the Med Sea area but the Sun does shine on the Hills.
I remember one episode,I think it was Mending Stewart`s Leg where the lads roll up their trouser legs and showed their snow white legs! No foreign Holidays obviously :D

Was it the canoe episode, both them and Armpepper were snow white??? ::) Apart from Compo with his off-white longjohns ;) :eek:

You would think that with being outdoors filming all day they would get some kind of tan...

I think the only one who got a bit tanned occasionally was Peter Sallis, but blue-eyed Brian Wilde and Bill Owen didn´t so much, particularly Brian Wilde. But I´m just the same, you can put me in the tropics for four weeks and almost nothing happens (have done that, not holiday, but excursion during my study, outdoors every day of course). I was the whitest person of all of our 20 students or how many we were, only one was whiter and he had a bit of ginger in his blond hair which I haven´t. Some people just don´t tan, or hardly ever.

I think the only one who got a bit tanned occasionally was Peter Sallis, but blue-eyed Brian Wilde and Bill Owen didn´t so much, particularly Brian Wilde. But I´m just the same, you can put me in the tropics for four weeks and almost nothing happens (have done that, not holiday, but excursion during my study, outdoors every day of course). I was the whitest person of all of our 20 students or how many we were, only one was whiter and he had a bit of ginger in his blond hair which I haven´t. Some people just don´t tan, or hardly ever.

When the sun was out on location filming great care was taken not to get burnt with all the cast and crew

In the US people are of a variety of backgrounds (English, Scot, Irish, Italian, German, Scandinavian, etc.) The group the is notorious for getting bad sunburn are those of Irish descent.

I am approx. 75% German and 25% Irish (with a little Scottish somewhere), and I get burnt too easily if not careful.

My skin is a slight bit redder than most. I don't think that has anything to do with my Irish side; but maybe my German side???

You must remember that it doesn't always matter how strong the Sun is but if you are fair skinned and have blue eyes you should avoid the sun completely.

Back