Collections

Amos Hames 2

Dedicated Member
What do you collect. I myself collect football programmes. Star Wars memorabilia. Signed Autobiographies. Fridge magnets etc . Would be interesting to hear what you all collect or save

That's the problem with collecting things it can be an expensive obsession, and invariably worth a lot less when they're sold onto someone else.

An exception, looking at some of the old cars people owned some would be worth a fortune today. In fact some of the registration plates would be worth a fair bit too!

I think the collecting bug begins as a child and it tends to leave some people later in life mainly people who prefer minimalist lifestyle with no clutter . As a kid I collected all sorts of things favourites were of course toy cars and those football cards you bought that had bubble gum accompanying them . In adulthood I really didn't dabble in anything in major volumes only albums and they are even stored externally now replaced by Spotify versions.

I think the collecting bug begins as a child and it tends to leave some people later in life mainly people who prefer minimalist lifestyle with no clutter . As a kid I collected all sorts of things favourites were of course toy cars and those football cards you bought that had bubble gum accompanying them . In adulthood I really didn't dabble in anything in major volumes only albums and they are even stored externally now replaced by Spotify versions.
Absolutely brilliant comment.

It can be a dangerous thing, collecting things.

But it doesn't matter, if you enjoy it.

Most collections of virtually anything will have some kind of monetary value too - although it could take many decades to achieve that.

Some collecting can also be a savvy investment too, my father in law buys Spot On model cars (not a name I'm familiar with) and touches them up and sells many he chooses not to keep for a profit. He can sometimes see a bargain on eBay which is wrongly listed and sell it straight on for a profit.

Some collecting can also be a savvy investment too, my father in law buys Spot On model cars (not a name I'm familiar with) and touches them up and sells many he chooses not to keep for a profit. He can sometimes see a bargain on eBay which is wrongly listed and sell it straight on for a profit.
Some of the Lone Star stuff sells for a lot of money these days

I have collected old mobile phones for a while, have about 50 now, most of these donated by neighbours
I have a lot of old mobile phones chucked in a drawer. I’ve never known what to do with them because I’ve always been worried about what info stays on them even with the sim removed?

'Zackly.

I have a lot of old mobile phones chucked in a drawer. I’ve never known what to do with them because I’ve always been worried about what info stays on them even with the sim removed?
You can often do a factory reset that clears all your data off the phone

Back