Cold in places this morning

My mind is either blank or playing tricks but I can't recall any episode of LOTSW where Compo or one of the intrepid troupe went down the Hill on a sledge or black plastic bag. I recall ,of course, Barrie and Glenda on the trays and the barrel rolling with a few "occupants" but never in snow although New Mill would maybe have offered the opportunity and in the end it would have been the doubles doing it not the stars . As I say memory is not great so could well be I have overlooked an occurrence happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
When it snows, the meteorologists all give you a minute-by-minute dissection of what the weather was, what it is, and what it is going to be. They even go out on the highway so you can see road conditions, and they give you a bus stop report -- how cold and uncomfortable your kids will be. They are even at the salt domes to give you a report on how many salt trucks are out. All very technical and designed to give you many ways to overcome the blow that Nature has just delivered.

And it is so hard to remember to just stop and take in the beauty of a snowfall. The sudden whiteness of your world. The lacy outline of each tree branch. The ability your kids to enjoy a day off from school , flying down the hill on a sled or saucer. The joy of a dog suddenly in his element.
Where I live we have had only two snowfalls since I've been born that I know of. One when I was very young where the snow hardly settled on the ground and the other must have been about five years ago where it seemed like a blizzard though it wasn't. I stood outside and marveled at watching the snow come down standing there in my jeans and pullover.

Back