Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Been a very long time since I have seen that movie. I remember Richard Dreyfuss, Teri Garr, flashing lights, a lumpy pile of mashed potatoes... Don't recall the intro well enough to make a connection to Summer Wine or how you mean it as a contention. :tw:

It's been ages since I've seen that. All I can imagine is a connection to the episode "Welcome to Earth". Otherwise, the giant recreation of Devil's Mountain in the back yard sounds like a tactical exercise worthy of Foggy.

It's been ages since I've seen that. All I can imagine is a connection to the episode "Welcome to Earth". Otherwise, the giant recreation of Devil's Mountain in the back yard sounds like a tactical exercise worthy of Foggy.
I didn't even think about that. It's a line used by one of the characters that's a running joke in Summer Wine.

I didn't even think about that. It's a line used by one of the characters that's a running joke in Summer Wine.

Well don't rely on me for the answer. I had (yet another) senior moment yesterday, forgot what this thread was about, and proceeded to watch the first half of E.T before I remembered I was supposed to be watching "Close Encounters...' Lol Doh! :fp:

Well don't rely on me for the answer. I had (yet another) senior moment yesterday, forgot what this thread was about, and proceeded to watch the first half of E.T before I remembered I was supposed to be watching "Close Encounters...' Lol Doh! :fp:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: well you got the alien part right so take that as a win.

Well the bike scene from ET was of course referenced in a later episode to brilliant comedic effect!

Very hard to get this without a copy of the film. Can whatever we are looking for be found in other parts of the film beyond the first 15 minutes?

There is a scene where an empty canoe floats past the trio. When the owner drifts by soon after and asks if they had seen a canoe, Compo says "What color?"

Hang about, hang about.

There's an episode, I'm fairly sure, where Compo says he's going to paint Nora Batty - and Clegg or Blamire says 'What colour?'.

That could be it.

Yep, I forgot about the Norah painting via Compo, haha.

I can't think of the name of the canoe episode.

edit
Found it - Ballad for Wind Instruments and Canoe. The guys name was Armpepper.
edit edit
Thanks wstol you got it faster than I could type a correction. :)

Back