Clegg's father

barmpot

LOTSW Fanatic
I have been rewatching the first two series with Blamire - although less easy as these DVDs are not equipped with sub titles.

However in Spring Fever, there is this exchange between Blamire and Clegg in the library about time and Clegg refers to his father's LNER steel watch. The context suggests that this would be when he retired as the waistcoat with sleeves went to another relative. However in FOTSW we know that Clegg senior was a painter and decorator and apparently had been this for some time.

Do we have a discontinuity here? What do you think?

I have been rewatching the first two series with Blamire - although less easy as these DVDs are not equipped with sub titles.

However in Spring Fever, there is this exchange between Blamire and Clegg in the library about time and Clegg refers to his father's LNER steel watch. The context suggests that this would be when he retired as the waistcoat with sleeves went to another relative. However in FOTSW we know that Clegg senior was a painter and decorator and apparently had been this for some time.

Do we have a discontinuity here? What do you think?

I recall speaking to Alan Bell about the errors in FOSW,he replied if he had some input to the show this would not of happened,if you recall when the trio first met Seymour and Compo ask "Who's Seymour" (Uncle of the Bride" yet in fosw he work with Seymour

Was bought the First of the Summer Wine dvds for Christmas. Can't ever recall watching it before so am looking forward to getting sometime to watching it!

Back