Cigerettes

Compo was seen smoking in the series 6 opener "In the Service of Humanity" and it was implied in "The Arts of Concealment" he still smoked and also in "Getting Sam Home" as well

I could be wrong, but I think the last time we saw Compo smoke was in The Last Human Being to Ride a Hill. I remember being a bit shocked because it wasn't something you would normally see at that time in the show.

Seymour usually had a tinkering type of screwdriver but I am almost certain that at least one episode showed him with a dark coloured pipe in his breast pocket.

Hector

Seymour usually had a tinkering type of screwdriver but I am almost certain that at least one episode showed him with a dark coloured pipe in his breast pocket.

Hector

I thought that but I have been assured that its only a screwdriver at all times ....

It's funny that Foggy always seems to dislike smoking, we get several references to Compo smoking from Him that cast it in a less than favorable light but in the Summerwine book covering 'Getting Sam Home" it states that Foggy awakens and has a smoke in bed. Odd how the two seem very different in that view.

That's because the book was originally written with Blamire in it in 1974.

Blamire was a heavy smoker.

In 1983 the book was republished, and the word Blamire was replaced with Foggy. I don't think another other changes were made to suit the Foggy character.

I've read the Blamire version of the book but the Foggy one, it would be interesting to see if they did only change the name and not some of the dialogue too.

Back