Christopher Beeny

Wow that hasn't been widely reported on any news programmes yet he has been in some iconic shows aside from our beloved one , the infamous Upstairs Downstairs to name but one . Its very sad , you think of him as one of the younger members of the cast but he was 78 last year . I know time marches on but a bit like Dad's Army the surviving members of our show are diminishing at an all too rapid rate . One of very few actors/actresses who have played two parts although in his case it was a simple name change . A very sad loss.

I am always wary with so much fake news about, accounts can be hacked spreading false information, but today the facts seem correct, I met him several times when filming and such a lovely man, I believe LOSW was the last show he was in, his first acting he did appears to be was a film titled "The Long Memory" with John Mills and none other than Thora Hird

What a shock this news is. I didn't know Christopher Beeny was that old. He always played his parts with such enthusiasm. R.I.P. Christopher.

**RANT WARNING**

There is absolutely nothing on the BBC website at the time of this posting about CB which I think is absolutely shameful. I appreciate he was only a peripheral character on LOTSW, however he was RADA trained and had a long distinguished career on the Stage & TV as well as a main character in Loving Memory and supporting in Upstairs Downstairs, The Rag Trade to name but a few.... I don't expect it to make headline news, but I expect some mention of it out of respect. I've mentioned before that I don't think he was well cast in LOTSW but he was a fine well known actor.

I'm in my mid forties so one of the few benefits of middle age is I think you have a balanced understanding of the older and younger generations, so I don't suspect many young people would know who he was. But the BBC seems to have a constant bias in favour of the younger generation in both programming and reporting. Of course it has to be representative of all age groups and report on all news for both the young and old. Interestingly there are 2 articles today on someone from Love Island who's had a fashion tweet taken down and how the next Marvel film will have a transgender superhero, clearly the reporters at the BBC feel this major news is more pressing than the passing of an actor who's been seen by millions over the years....

Sorry rant over.

Thanks Roger however, this was posted 27 minutes ago [12.19 pm today] when I just viewed it . The announcement elsewhere was made yesterday so the BBC's entertainment reporters/coordinator are somewhat culpable here for being rather lethargic in reporting his death all of which is very disappointing given the number of well known shows he has been in .

The BBC must have read my rant o_O!!! As there was nothing on the BBC when I started composing that message

This has been in the Mail & Express & Sun over the past couple of days I suspect they're just picking up on that

The BBC must have read my rant o_O!!! As there was nothing on the BBC when I started composing that message

This has been in the Mail & Express & Sun over the past couple of days I suspect they're just picking up on that

Your rant was justified Barry, but they seem to have got there somewhat belatedly.
It's very sad to hear of the loss of another LOTSW actor.

Very sad news, we had met him after a show at the Grand Theatre Blackpool,
and he had a lot of time for his fans and will be sadly missed.

Another wonderful actor gone. I first 'saw' him in LOTSW. Then I found out he was in Upstairs Downstairs which I watched and loved when I was very young so I didn't remember him. Then one of the local TV channels showed some episodes of In Loving Memory so I watched those as well. A great actor.

Very sad to see another actor from LOTSW pass on. Even though I didn't like the character changes they did, I did appreciate his efforts to make the most of the role he had.

Back