Christmas specials.

onyx(John)

Administrator
Staff member
I`m already looking forward to seeing some of the seasonal editions sure to be screened over Christmas.My particular favourite is Small tune on a penny wassail. It portrays a very childlike Compo getting excited over the watches he has bought Cleggy and Foggy and trying out the kid`s skateboard. At the end I think it was Cleggy that said "We`ll have to get him one you know",brilliant!

Yes, that´s also my favourite, at least of those whith Christmassy decoration. Otherwise I love All Mod Conned just as much or even more. But in Penny Wassail I also love the hospital scene, that one woman in the audience may be getting on other people´s nerves with her laughter, but I like it, makes me laugh even more. I found Clegg´s line about getting Compo a skateboard brilliant too, touching even.

A Small Tune on a Penny Wassail is probably my favourite Xmas episode followed very closely by Crums.I think the Summerwine crew convey the sense of Xmas very well and this adds to a lovely and enjoyable atmosphere.

Hector.

Watched small tune the other night'Always something that draws me to that episode also watched a dewhirst up a fir tree not as keen on that one but i do agree with most people about crums.Barrys Christmas is ok as is Whats santa bought for Nora then.Whoops is a good episode but one of the best of course is All mod conned so many good lines :)

Small tune is my favorite. Compo is so excited and child like in this one; lets open the presents ::)

Yes, Small tune and All mod conned are both good xmas episodes.
I've just watched Barry's Christmas tonight with my tea and to be honest, it's not really one of my favorite episodes.
Fir tree is ok but again it isn't one i tend to watch very often.

All Mod Conned if my favorite so far. I have a few DVD's arriving that include Merry Christmas Father Christmas and Big Day at Dream Acres. Don't think I've seen either one yet, but am looking forward to seeing whether any can top All Mod Conned. The only other Christmas Specials I've seen are Barry's Christmas (didn't care for it) and the inflatable castle one. That was okay too, but not great.

Getting Sam Home is my favourite.

Watched this one again the other evening, i don't like to watch it too often, otherwise it can get a bit "samey", just like any other DVD really i suppose.
I got to like it more, once i realised that Sid was having to lip-synch to Tony Melody's dialogue, due to his cancer.
Probably another xmas favorite for me is "Whoops", calling on their old school chums and hoping to get together for a booze-up.

G ; )

Just watched Woops ,very good and good to come to watch ,recorded it as went to watch my other half sing at a local stately home with her choir.

Love Getting Sam Home. Great intro, Plus Lynda Baron in it, a.k.a N-Nurse G-Gladys E-Emmanuel

Not nosey at all Sue,it was Waddesdon Manor near Aylesbury home of the Rothschilds ,a very nice if cold part of the world only four miles from home.They sounded great and are getting more and more bookings,us husbands are all the roadies .

Back