bubbles in window panes?

Ron-po

Dedicated Member
I live in the US and I've never seen this anywhere here. Did these Bubbles in window panes serve some purpose or where they a home fashion trend for a time?

Do you mean Bubbles as in obscure glass for bathroom windows, Ron, or the old fashioned Bullseye window panes which we see in old houses and shops? I love the latter, but have nowhere to put one.

Are we not here referring to bubbles in glass manufactured before the process of glass-making was refined?

I live in the US and I've never seen this anywhere here. Did these Bubbles in window panes serve some purpose?

Again, I am lost here. Is this a thread started elsewhere
that I missed?

To which bubbles are you referring???

I live in the US and I've never seen this anywhere here. Did these Bubbles in window panes serve some purpose?

Again, I am lost here. Is this a thread started elsewhere
that I missed?

To which bubbles are you referring???

Right enough, this thread seemed to start out of the blue. I have tried a "Search" on the word, "bubbles" but that did not reveal anything. We need to get from Ron-po what triggered him into print. If I say he might be a West Ham supporter that might confuse.

In shots of the front of Edie's house (and other houses thru the series), you can see some of the window panes have a large circular "bubble" shape in the center of the pane. Even the episode when Foggy visits his girlfriend in Wales, in the shot of the front of the house, I've counted about 6 different window panes with this bubble feature. I was watching that episode yesterday, and was just curious if someone could tell if they were just fashionable for a time, or if they had a function. Thanks.

It was the fashion.

Often a window was made up of lots of small panes in a grid, and a few random panes would have a bubble.

Back