British TV in the 1970s was such a small world!

I think it has been mentioned in other threads Moonraker not sure there were many plaudits for it from what I recall.
CC is right, this was panned by the critics. I've watched a few and can understand why it's often in the lists of the worst comedy series' of all time.

I just skipped through the first episode of DDtW on YouTube and it seems like "Duty Free" that was another sitcom set abroad but mostly filmed in a studio. At least "Benidorm" was filmed on location.

Recently discovered The Dustbin Men on Dailymotion. Was scanning through some shows when I saw a thumbnail that looked like Foggy. Sure enough it was Brian Wilde. About half way through the series and am liking it. Recognize quite a few of the characters from other shows.

Sometimes when Trevor B. comes on screen I half expect to hear an "Are you free, Mr. Lucas?" :rolling:
When Mollie Sugden (Mrs. Slocombe) was shopping in Australia, a clerk approached her and asked, "Are you being served?" Then she suddenly realized who she had addressed and they both had a good laugh.

Back