Box sets

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Does anyone have any indication when another box set will be realesed.I know there was one in June or July but i get excited and cant wait for another one to come out.I notice by the series running order that series 31 could be on its own as they usually have two series per box set.Mind you the later series were shorter than usual with only about six episodes each so they might get them all in a box set. :)

Does anyone have any indication when another box set will be realesed.I know there was one in June or July but i get excited and cant wait for another one to come out.I notice by the series running order that series 31 could be on its own as they usually have two series per box set.Mind you the later series were shorter than usual with only about six episodes each so they might get them all in a box set. :)
Acually series 31 was the shortest since series 13

Faulty analysis here. There is an even number of series to go, ten in fact. Remember the Series #9 DVD con where it was brought out mislabelled as Series 9 & 10. The last box set was labelled Series #21 & 22 but in fact contained the real series #20 and #21. That con still grates!

As long as it's Last Of The Summer Wine, i don't care what else they call it :D

now, I don't want to be a merchant of doom or anything, but I have a horrible feeling that the next batch isn't going to be out til Boxing Day or early Jan, like the last lot. I desperately hope im wrong though

Me too Pauline, I don't get it I really don't. It makes a great xmas present, surely they would sell more if they brought it out before xmas!

Slightly off topic but has anyone else had problems with "loose" DVD's in their box sets?
A couple of mine won't stay in place and end up rattling about inside the case, i have to be very careful when opening the case, less it falls out.

G ; )

Slightly off topic but has anyone else had problems with "loose" DVD's in their box sets?
A couple of mine won't stay in place and end up rattling about inside the case, i have to be very careful when opening the case, less it falls out.

G ; )

I have commented on and complained about this before though not quite in the same vein. What does annoy me is when the box set comes in the post and the DVD disks are rattling about inside. Once they are secured they stay secured. My contention is that during the final assembly process the manufacturer should ensure the disks are properly installed in the case. Actually, once that is done I do find it incredibly difficult to release the disk but at least it ensure they do not get damaged in transit (which is what the case is designed for in the first place).

G ; )

Yes I have the same problem, I can't remember off hane which ones but it seems happen in couple of box sets.
Its quite annoying.

Saw some guy in Hmv in Tunbridge Wells buy series i to 6 yesterday that alone must have cost him a small fortune. :)

For most of my DVD sets, I take the DVDs out of the box
and store them in alpha-numberic order by show in
paper sleeves in a large dresser drawer.

That way I get far more discs in a smaller space. The plastic
boxes are up in the attic. I use thin cardboard pieces to
separate groups of discs as well.

I suppose i'm just being a bit anal, i like the boxes on the dresser shelf, they look good with me Dads Army and Rising Damp etc, DVD's.
But you are right, i may transfer the discs to jewel cases but leave the boxes on the shelf, 'cos they look good.
The easiest way to release a stubborn CD/DVD out of it's retainer, is to push the centre holder with a finger, whilst lifting the cd/dvd upwards, it should then pop out easily.

G ; )

"i may transfer the discs to jewel cases"

But that's almost a quarter inch per disc!!! I have a huge
drawer filled to overflowing with discs in SKINNY envelopes.
If I used jewel cases, I'd need bunches of drawers.

i think my boxsets are a lot better with the discs in the box sets, then i can just take one of the shelf, open the case, put the DVD in the drive and watch. That way it saves space.

i think my boxsets are a lot better with the discs in the box sets, then i can just take one of the shelf, open the case, put the DVD in the drive and watch. That way it saves space.

I converted all my Disc's and recorded TV to x-vid, put them onto several 2 terrabyte disc drives,networked the lot to the TV's in house,so I can stream 1000's of hours of stuff I like from a space that takes up about 14 x 8 x 6 inches, the original dvd boxes are all packed and stored elsewhere otherwise the house would have to be twice the size to rack the lot up

I suppose i'm just being a bit anal, i like the boxes on the dresser shelf, they look good with me Dads Army and Rising Damp etc, DVD's.
But you are right, i may transfer the discs to jewel cases but leave the boxes on the shelf, 'cos they look good.
The easiest way to release a stubborn CD/DVD out of it's retainer, is to push the centre holder with a finger, whilst lifting the cd/dvd upwards, it should then pop out easily.

G ; )
Me too!

Duw duw Maltrab! I can't even work my dvd player!What's an x-vid? I wouldn't be able to do that any more than build a nuclear reactor in the shed! But for those who can..... I salute you!!! I'm as technical as Clegg.

I converted all my Disc's and recorded TV to x-vid,

What software did you use to convert the DVD VOB files to what, AVIs??

As the VOB boundaries never seem to line up with the episode
boundaries, this needs so really cool programming.

chuck

I converted all my Disc's and recorded TV to x-vid,

What software did you use to convert the DVD VOB files to what, AVIs??

As the VOB boundaries never seem to line up with the episode
boundaries, this needs so really cool programming.

chuck

I use a nifty little program call ImToo dvd ripper,which will convert a dvd to almost any format,very easy to use and quick if your pc is reasonably powerful,if not it will just take longer,just click to load the disc info,select the files you do not need,this will be obvious and click go

Duw duw Maltrab! I can't even work my dvd player!What's an x-vid? I wouldn't be able to do that any more than build a nuclear reactor in the shed! But for those who can..... I salute you!!! I'm as technical as Clegg.
I am right there with you Rhi!

Back