Book genres

Marina'sTwin

Dedicated Member
Hi guys! This is random, but I'm currently in Greenwood with my mom and we went in this discount store that has a huge book section. I happened to wander out of the young adult section and into the adult section today and my mom saw me looking at a book and walked up to me and was like "Guess my little girl is grown up now." Lol I'm almost 30, it had to happen sooner or later! And yes, I did buy the book and I'm excited to read it!

Anyway, it got me thinking, what book genres do you guys think the characters would read? I think Marina and Glenda both read romance novels and Barry strikes me as the kind of guy who would read science fiction, not sure why. But what about the others? What do you guys think?

Hi guys! This is random, but I'm currently in Greenwood with my mom and we went in this discount store that has a huge book section. I happened to wander out of the young adult section and into the adult section today and my mom saw me looking at a book and walked up to me and was like "Guess my little girl is grown up now." Lol I'm almost 30, it had to happen sooner or later! And yes, I did buy the book and I'm excited to read it!

Anyway, it got me thinking, what book genres do you guys think the characters would read? I think Marina and Glenda both read romance novels and Barry strikes me as the kind of guy who would read science fiction, not sure why. But what about the others? What do you guys think?
I think you may be right with Barry.. He seems that way inclined.

Howard, I think, would have read anything to do with escapology.

Besides Edi collecting newspapers to keep the grease from Wesley off the floors and walls, haha.

I do remember an episode with Barry totally engrossed in a book while the ladies around him were having coffee. They complained Barry might hear them gossip and Glenda said something like he was gone to the world. Then she shouted 'Barry, the house is on fire!' to which he did not even register. Can't remember what the book was.

Howard loved the book with the Mexican hero bandit character Los Lobos and starts wearing a sombrero. Drawing a blank at actual character name, google not helping.

Mrs. Davenport at the library had some book ideas.
Entwhistle on how to fix truck and change tire.

Yeah I think you're both right about Wesley and Howard. I can't seem to pinpoint what Clegg would read tho. My brain keeps saying thrillers but my brain isn't always right! Lol

Sorry I'm a little distracted, I just had the craziest experience in Walmart. Mom and I went our separate ways like we normally do in Walmart and all of a sudden these alarms went off and I had to drop what I was looking at and get out because I was about to have a panic attack. So I got out to the car and tried to call mom and couldn't get her so I freaked out. Then she came out and it turns out some fool had pulled the fire alarm and the reason I couldn't get mom on the phone was because she was on the phone with my sister. Lol So crisis semi avoided, back to talking about books! Lol

Hobbo would surely be Spy thrillers and the Cold War . Alvin Action Adventure. Truly Crime Drama. Foggy Military strategy. Seymour Science non-fiction. Compo Racing Post Annual . Cooper and Walsh Barbecuing for beginners. :)

Compo : Any books about Horses and Horse Racing.
Foggy : Military Strategy
Wesley : Car Mechanics and Touring
Seymour : Any about Education and Inventing
Nora : Pest Control
Marina, Glenda and Ivy : Romance
Alvin : Adventure and Exploring
Pearl : Cleaning and Security Systems
Howard : Any books by Foggy on how to move silently

Can't think about some of the others at the moment.

Lol My mom said Marina would read 50 Shades of Grey! Lol You know, I could totally see her reading that book. I think Glenda would too and I could see Ivy reading romance, but I couldn't see her reading that one. My boyfriend (that dude standing next to me in my avatar) has been trying to get me to read that book and I didn't think my mom would approve when it first came out, so I never read it, but when mom suggested that, I asked her if she would be ok with me reading it now and she was like "You don't need my approval anymore, read what you want." Lol So I guess I'm putting that on my TBR list.

Maybe not audiobooks exactly but I do remember there being radio programs on cassette back in the day. Believe as a kid I got some for my Dad as a Christmas present. Doubt it was Lake Wobegon but something similar of that era. Might had even gotten him War of the Worlds radio broadcast by H.G. Wells too. Not as familiar about the 8-track on if they had books or broadcasts.

I think I can see Pearl reading murder mysteries. I could see her really enjoying the last book in the Good Girl's Guide to Murder series. I've read it and it does have some useful information about pinning a murder on someone else. You know, just in case she ever gets tired of Howard! Lol

Back