Best Stunts

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
There are many stunts in the series over the year,what do you think was the best,for me it was in Uncle of the Bride,with the painter rolling down the hill on his mobile scaffold trolley,overtaking the bus with the trio on,and ending up in the water, that must of taken some time and effort to set up

I've often wondered about the stunt that showed Barry flying through the air on the big kite. ;) ???

There are many stunts in the series over the year,what do you think was the best,for me it was in Uncle of the Bride,with the painter rolling down the hill on his mobile scaffold trolley,overtaking the bus with the trio on,and ending up in the water, that must of taken some time and effort to set up

Speaking of buses, there was the scenes with Foggy and the bus lot in Return of the Warrior.

Out of the many stutnts, some stick out to me because of little details that added to the humor. For example, there was Compo's out of control ride in Ice Cream Man Cometh. The duck whistle made the scene a bit more outrageous.

Barry's ride and fall from the landover's trailer in I Didn't Know Barry Could Play was great. The white suit and fancy white piano added to the humor.

I forget what episode it was but I love the scene where Smile is riding on something and overtakes Cooper and Walsh. Smiler's facial expression and the cops' reactions are what I find hilarious.

Then again, these might not be the absolute funniest, but they are the ones that stand out to me.

Ahh, but the best stunt of all was Peter Sallis driving into the pond in Uncle of the Bride!!! ;) The stunt arranged itself.

The scaffold painter was the most bizarre. The funniest is to me is return of the warrior when Foggy was on those steps and rolled to the other bus. Did you see his eyes shifting left and right in amazement.!! That was funny to me. Then of course he plays it mr. cool 8). With those killer finger tips!

In The Frozen Turkey Man,, I love it when the lads strap the scooters on Compo's feet, followed by the epic somersault into the pile of poo!!

Cleggy: "Look!! Yorkshire remains!!"

Crikey there have so many. I would also go with Foggy on the roller steps. The whole scene was funny as he looks at Compo and Clegg as he rolls past the bus. I also like Cleggs reaction when he sees it. I think Clegg says " Hasn't he grown"

Crikey there have so many. I would also go with Foggy on the roller steps. The whole scene was funny as he looks at Compo and Clegg as he rolls past the bus. I also like Cleggs reaction when he sees it. I think Clegg says " Hasn't he grown"

Perhaps it was the most significant stunt of the show because it took place during such a pivotal moment; Foggy reuniting with Compo and Clegg and the trio continued on!

The painter episode was a good one think Smiler was on an office chair when he went past the police ?

Mysterious fee of Nora Batty They had a ladder next to the wall with the contraption to reach and measure Noras feet when she was on a ladder I believe cleaning windows. They had to set everything up to line up to where she was going to be. Then make up the contraption to measure , then QUIETLY put it under her foot long enough to set the measurement!! ::) The stunt may not have been that physical , but the brainworks it took to think this stunt up!! They could have just walked her through some mud. You know Foggy, he was probably the brainchild of it all. ;D

I'm sure the stuntmen thought it was a VERY physical stunt,, look how big of a fall they took into the rocky streambed below. Of course there was some kind of cushioning below, but wow, still a big fall.

Yes, the fall of the stunt was a doozy. I was just thinking of how advanced they thought up how to measure her foot, of course it wouldn't have been as exciting ,just walking into the closet to get her shoes. HEE HEE ;D. Hilarious when Wally was checking under the table, etc. She was a sharp one that Nora.

I still laugh at Foggy/stuntman on those steps in the bus station, great stuff.The other two is when the go-kart thing trundles over the top of the parked police car in Give us a lift and when the boat collides with the ladder and Foggy and Clegg end up in the water.

I would love to know how they did the submabicycle going through the water in Treasure of the deep.I keep looking for strings or such like attachments but so far havnt managed to spot any.Maybe someone was in the water and pulling it with a wire attached to the lower half which would be under water and thus invisible to the camera ???

Hector

I think, for me, one of the best stunts on the show has got to be from "Downhill Racer". The scene where the three men are skating down that hill on their trays? The sight of Cleggy toppling down is quite amusing. :)

I'm really curious as to how that scene was set up and whatnot.

When it came to stunts, Summer Wine really delivered. :)

Back