best Sid moments

C W Northrop

Dedicated Member
For me-when he rode around on his bike while the trio sang Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head,and Getting On Sidney's Wire when he stood on the plank only for it to bend under his weight

The first scene you mentioned was also the first that sprang to my mind. But there were lots of great moments, Sid was just fantastic!

I liked most everything about Sid but one moment that still makes me chuckle
is in the episode Deep in the heart of Yorkshire when he dresses like a cowboy!

At the dance when Ivy said that he didn't hold her properly. Hold his hands near her head he says 'put your neck in here' Magic.

Same as you C.W., the bit with the plank. And the brilliant line about 'it's alright for you, she throws you out, Me, she keeps!' Hilarious line, that!

When Sid and Wally fall out of the boat in 'Blue Yonder' and the waters only inches deep.The first time I saw it I laughed so much I couldn't stop coughing

All of Sids moments were great, but his skits with Wally were just fantastic :)

I definitely agree that Sids scenes where great and my vote would be the same as ess,"put your neck in there",.." hilarious stuff ;D

Hector.

Yes, falling out of the boat in Blue Yonder was so funny...the looks on their
faces when they stood up!!! :D

Yes, falling out of the boat in Blue Yonder was so funny...the looks on their
faces when they stood up!!! :D

yes there faces are funny when they stand up but what ruins that scene 4 me is how they had to force themselves into the water, to me that spoilt summer wine's magic

He and Ivy going back and forth was always funny, and whenever he got roped into helping out the trio with one of their schemes. Hauling around Sam's body in "Getting Sam Home" in his fish and chip van was a noteworthy moment.

How about the show at the Reservoir/lake where Sid drives a motorcycle to pull Compo on waterskis. This is most likely one of the last shows that he appeared in.

Back