Best Replacement Character

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
He had many discussions the changing of the lead characters in the trio; Blamire, Foggy, Seymour, Truly, and Hobbo. However, Summer Wine had a lot of changes in other roles as well.

Here is what I have come up with.....

Smiler replaces Wally as the hapless man taking so much abuse from Nora (and eventually Auntie)

Entwistle replaces Wesley as the mechanical misfit who is often the source of transportation

Tom partially replaces Compo

Billy partially replaces Compo

The good thing about these replacements were that they were not attempts to duplicate the previous character. Instead, they were purposely different, yet attempted to fill the void left by the previous characters.

Who has the top replacement character? Also, am I missing anyone. Of course, I am purposely excluding the main characters due to the many previous topics.

Alvin sort of replaced Compo as the daredevil, try anything man. They were both the ones to try out the experiments and be the subject of various trials by the military/headmaster/police guys.

Oh yes, I forgot about Alvin. Of course, Clegg and Truly put Tom through a few things in his first series. But in the long run, it was definitely Alvin to replace Compo in things like stunts, hassling Nora, etc.

Back