Best Performance #12

Without doubt that much loved episode Defeat of the Stoneworm, has all the component parts of Howard at his best, another harebrained idea to get one over on Pearl......

Howard throws a Wobbler because he is on the back foot with the threat of losing Pearl [in his mind because he thinks she has another man] and Marina to Compo when he sees them both covered in mud .

It's hard to pick just one and I do love the ones that have already been mentioned. Howard is always funny.
Was just watching "From Here to Paternity" the other day and liked the bit where Barry and Glenda are out running and sit down to rest by a wall (on the other side from Howard and Marina, of course!) As Barry and Glenda stand up, after hearing voices, Howard doesn't miss a beat but launches straight into "teacher of the rudiments of botany" mode.
"And there to the right, you can see the common lesser winthrop, which is easily recognised by its hairy petals. Now, if we move along, we should be able to find some examples of the Stringwort. Now, the stringwort is always easily recognisable by the arrangement of leaves on the stem..."

Last edited:
FIRST MAN TO RIDE A HILL !
" Hello love I was just thinking what a good idea it was to chain it to the bed "!:frown2:
And later "I have people at this moment creating a secret bicycle for me !:42:

What about PHANTOM OF THE GRAVEYARD ?
" There'll be someone waiting for me in the church of the porch !"":39:

ONCE IN A MOONLIT JUNKYARD
Howard ……………..Thought I heard somebody screaming ? :39:
Marina...……………..Certainly wasn't me Howard ! :eyesroll:

Back