Best book u have read

amos hames

Dedicated Member
What is the best book you have ever read is it sci fi,Autobiogaphy,Thriller,Romance
Sport would be intreasted in your veiws.I read a lot of autobiographys including peter sallis i also have them by Bobby Charlton.Adam Ant,David Jason(signed copy)
Alec Guiness,Former kent cricketer Steve Marsh i also have a lot of sport books and travel books as well from my trips around europe and the us.Got some cookery books and gardening as well

Hi Amos

The Discworld books by Terry Pratchett are very good!
He uses fantasy to describe the reality very accurately.

I love reading books of country life like of James Herriot and I also like Mysteries.

Hi Amos

The Discworld books by Terry Pratchett are very good!
He uses fantasy to describe the reality very accurately.

I must say Hi to another TP fan. I love him. My favourites are the guards and the witches, especially Tiffiny Aching. And of course the lovely Susan. Terry writes about fantasy creatures with a very human feel about them.

I have said that Terry Pratchett is a favourite, but Richmal Crompton's, Just William, runs him a close second. I always think that Roy Clarke must also be a William fan. Compo and Co roaming about getting into mischief are so like William and his gang of 'Outlaws'.

It is in which mood I am which book of Terry Pratchett I prefer.
All the Watch-episodes I like the best.
His first books are describing very well the organisation as it still is in the lower regions of a university...
But "Small Gods", "The Truth", "Going Postal","Making money" are very good!

I have read James Herriot (=Alf Wight) as well. I grew up at a very little farm...

As teenager I found "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley amazing.

Does anyone like Tom Clancy or John Grisham as for Terry Pratchett i hear so many good things about his books i might have to give them a go :)

Does anyone like Tom Clancy or John Grisham as for Terry Pratchett i hear so many good things about his books i might have to give them a go :)
Tom Clancy is among my top 5, John Grisham has to be in the next but apart from Terry Pratchet my fave author is/was Robert Ludlum. ;)

My favourite book is the lord of the rings, i've read it loads of times along with the hobbit. These books are incredible and fascinating. has anyone read the silmarillion by Tolkien? this is the book that precedes both the hobbit and the lord of the rings. It describes the first ages of middle earth and all the battles between the gods etc and also the distant lands that are mentioned in the other books i.e Numenor.

I have never read Terry Pratchett, but heard a lot about it. I have read the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, a long time before it became the hype it is now, but they are not my favourites, I just liked them, the Hobbit even better, I remember reading it when I was a child. I like the Medicus by Noah Gordon (I think it was), Ken Follett (The Pillars of the Earth or whatever it´s called in English) and a few other such things. And I love the Wind in the Willows.

I love reading books of country life like of James Herriot and I also like Mysteries.

I too have read all the James Hettiot books and I love a good murder mystery. I like Patrica Cornwal and Kathy Reichs, I also like Ian Rankin and Jeffrey Archer.
But I have to sat the best book I ever read was The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hewthourn. Its righten in old English and I had to read it 3 times before I got the whole storey but the 4th time I read it and understud it, it was amazing.

Back