best Blamire moments

i agree with CW's first one his paint face is a classic, not just the scenes with the painted face but the episode all together is probly my best blamire moment

Yes Changing Face- especially with his serious demeanor and how hedidn't realize his face was all messed up, freaking everyone out

yeah the shinyglow episode is a great one! the actor Michael bates has been gone a while now he died on 11 January 1978 only 57 years old! shame bet he wouldn't of thought he's work would still be on t v all these years later! R I P Michael Bates! he was also in one of my favourite films from 1967 Here we go round the mulberry bush!

Got to go with my all-time favorite Blamire episode "Ballad For Wind Instruments And Canoe". I thought it was hilarious when the canoe drifted away with their clothes, forcing them to walk home in their undergarments. Does anyone know if the actor who played Armpepper reappeared in any future episodes?

I don't think that Armpepper did appear in any more series but i also like the canoe episode, Shinyglow and Hail smiling morn, the Blamire series are some of my favorites.

G ; )

He was also in "It aint half hot mum" as Rhandi.

I like the Shiney glow scene and the scene where he is passed the dog and the lolly drops on in the back of chips van.

Yes, Michael died young and I still think mysteriously. Story is pretty fuzzy, he got hit by a pole in the groin while jousting doing a play. And that injury turned into cancer?? Very odd, never heard of such a thing. I guess the Phil Harris song is true, "a little bug is gonna get you some day".

Did Michael Bates actually know how to play the piano? That is, was it he who played the piano in s2 e02, "Who's That Dancing with Nora Batty Then?" - or was it dubbed in? Just curious.

Has to be when he gets shiny-glow on his face, absolutely brilliant. :)

I think it would have to be the Changing Face of Rural Blamire and Hail Smiling Morn for me.Going door to door with the Shiney Glow on his face and the,"I bet Boris Karloff is about somewhere tapping into all this free electricity", line when they are camping in the old barn during a storm are funny.

Hector.

Not so much my favourite Blamire moment as it is my favourite Micheal Bates moment, but these is a bit in "Pâté and Chips" where the trio are walking towards the café. During the take, the bells of the nearby church begin the chime and, as they do, Bates visibly checks the time on his watch. It's either a lovely bit of acting or a charming bit of reality. Either way, I love it.

Back