Bank Scams

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I get several of these a day that all end up in the spam filters,mind you if I did get a real e-mail from my bank like this I would be worried

Dear customer,

We got issues with your account,
Follow the instruction below to complete our verification process
Please Take 1-5 min of your time to Answer the Security Questions as follows.
Follow The Reference Below

>:( I get one daily from Santander ? (no account with them) I mark it as a phishing scam but they keep coming! I even marked it to be blocked but no avail.Various others seem to get through but the junk/phishing / block buttons seem to hold them for a while. >:(

>:( I get one daily from Santander ? (no account with them) I mark it as a phishing scam but they keep coming! I even marked it to be blocked but no avail.Various others seem to get through but the junk/phishing / block buttons seem to hold them for a while. >:(

I suspect they use endless e-mail addresses so it makes it hard for the filters to trap them, these come in on one of my gmx mail accounts and gmx seem to block them ok

i get the santander one, i had to stop my wife from replying to a one from paypal saying she had been charged for using a game on facebook (farmville) . The fact that she doesn't play the game should have given her a warning but no. i told her it was a scam and forwarded the email to paypal who confirmed it was fake.
She still thinks the santander ones are real even though we don't bank with them and the arrive in the spam.

Back