dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Anyone else missing their profile picture? ??? Mine is not showing and hasn't been there for two days. I notice some of the newer pictures are there and others are not ,so it must be a general problem. :-\ :eek:

Must be something I've done then any ideas anyone??

BTW John , I did not see your pic on the post you just made. ??? ???

I've uploaded a new avatar pic, but still cannot see most other pictures (George , Big Unc , Onyx /John and even Terry's to name but a few) :-[ :-\ Help !! :-[ :eek:

I can see your new avatar Dick. All I can suggest is that you sign out and in again, worth a try.

I can see your new avatar Dick. All I can suggest is that you sign out and in again, worth a try.
No go John :eek: It seems I can see most of the American avatars but next to none of the others. I can see CORNISHMANS mouse avatar but not Big Uncs for example. :-\ :-\ ::)

Got mine back - I think!
Big Unc, did you have to re-upload it?
I have had a look in the control panel and can see nothing wrong there. I also looked to where the avatars are stored, they are all definitely in place.
I will look into it further and see if anything else is wrong.

Got mine back - I think!
Big Unc, did you have to re-upload it?
I have had a look in the control panel and can see nothing wrong there. I also looked to where the avatars are stored, they are all definitely in place.
I will look into it further and see if anything else is wrong.

Yes. I logged out - rarely do that. Logged back in and reloaded from scratch (using Browse to a file on my PC).

Yes. I logged out - rarely do that. Logged back in and reloaded from scratch (using Browse to a file on my PC).
Thank you for the reply.
When I check the folder where the avatars are uploaded, there are now two copies of your avatar. The problem is that the name of the file is changed once it is uploaded (for security) and something seems to have gone awry sometime in the last couple of days. I'll have to find out what.

09.gif
Oops, it may have been my fault.
08.gif

I did an urgent security update from SMF yesterday morning, maybe that tripped a switch somewhere.
If it WAS the update then it shouldn't happen again. If it does happen again please let me know.
Sorry everybody.

Will all the avatars return Tony or will everyone have to reload? I see Uncs (slightly enlarged ) pic and yours but no-one elses :eek: ???

I'm seeing a few new avatars but not all the regulars. should this be so?? I'm missing seeing the pictures :-\ :eek:

Back