Attention. Website downtime (Wednesday 25th September 2019)

cornishman

Junior Jedi
Staff member
People, I am having to do a rather major forum software update in the morning as well as a seriously major PHP re-thingy!! (I could go into details but I'm not prepared to spend the next three days trying to)
Consequently the website will be unavailable for as short a time as possible tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

Thanks for the heads up and all your hard work and for using words that make sence to me, I get thingy, I understand thingy, thingy is a good word.

Last edited:
Never mind Richard the Lionheart I give you Sir Terry of Flatlands bravest of the brave and audacious enough to try and embarrass Lady Pearl lately of the Gaelic lands . :eek:

NB Big thank you Tony , appears that your work has been successful, well done that Man! :)

Never mind Richard the Lionheart I give you Sir Terry of Flatlands bravest of the brave and audacious enough to try and embarrass Lady Pearl lately of the Gaelic lands . :eek:

NB Big thank you Tony , appears that your work has been successful, well done that Man! :)
A woman's strength is knowing her limits and knowing where people live and save in the knowledge that men have to sleep.some time.

Oooh, everything is all fancy-fied now. I too would like a lengthy explanation and in carbon copy triplicate if you please.

If we are getting a shark emoji can we have one with laser beams on it a la Austin Powers? :21:

Thanks for all the hard work, Tony.

This website is blocked at the hotel where I'm staying, I've got to use my 4G to access it! I hope it doesn't contain any blue material o_O

probably because you can't make a fully secure [https] connection to our site if you look you don't get the padlock in the address window just an i in a circle[ further information] symbol. When you click it tells you that very fact i.e its not fully secure so where you are they probably block the website only allowing secure connections to be made.

I get the Not Secure message a well. Clicking on the i does not really tell me why. All things are default for this site. Cookies for this site are allowed. Even turning my uBlock anti-adds plug-in off for this site does not change it to secure. Using Chrome as browser.

Irrespective of which browser used it appears as not secure so something in the values used in setting up the conversation to the site, in the accreditation three way handshake , the browser software objects to and deems it not secure . It is something that Tony can perhaps allude to why ? Thank you in advance Tony.

Cap, we do have an SSL certificate installed (have had for a couple of years now) and members/users are urged to use the https: (instead of http:) BUT, and here comes the bummer, because we allow the posting of off-site images these cannot be encrypted with the content of our own site, the encryption of off-site content is down to the site it's coming from. So, long and short of it is this site will never be fully secure unless we ban all third party content. I for one would NOT like that to happen.

Back