Attention Parents of Teenagers.

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Apparently it's not safe to tell - off your offspring anymore. One mother had fixed a bolt on the inside (yes inside) of her daughters bedroom door. Her daughter took a photo and sent it to all her pals saying she'd been locked in!! It was soon spread around their parents and they rang the mother asking why the girl had been locked in??
Another mother reached "boiling point "and gave her daughter a "roasting"! . Unbeknown to her the daughter pressed record on her phone and sent the recording on to (I think) Twitter. This circulated among her friends and some of the comments were ""attention screechy mother alert"" and down to "your mother sounds a real cow!!" :14: :whisper:

The pleasures of the internet. :pc:

With that little darling I'd have the phone cut off and change the password to the internet.

Then when her mates called me a cow I'd have done something to have earned it.

Oh and I'd take the bedroom door away too and spread that round Facebook. :biggrin:

Apparently it's not safe to tell - off your offspring anymore. One mother had fixed a bolt on the inside (yes inside) of her daughters bedroom door. Her daughter took a photo and sent it to all her pals saying she'd been locked in!! It was soon spread around their parents and they rang the mother asking why the girl had been locked in??

Her pals can't have been very bright. How did they imagine she had taken a photo of the bolt if she was locked IN, implying that the bolt was on the opposite side of the door from her and her camera/phone?

Another mother reached "boiling point "and gave her daughter a "roasting"! . Unbeknown to her the daughter pressed record on her phone and sent the recording on to (I think) Twitter. This circulated among her friends and some of the comments were ""attention screechy mother alert"" and down to "your mother sounds a real cow!!" :14: :whisper:

Is it illegal in the UK to record telephone calls without either having a warrant for a wire-tap or first notifying the person who will be recorded? If it is, the daughter needs to learn respect for the rule of law, and even if it isn't illegal she needs to develop respect for her parents and learn basic courtesy.

Marianna

I don't think she cared what was legal, its hard enough raising teenagers.

All mine survived " Just" and now with two teenage granddaughters its all hands to the pump again. I honestly don't see my two doing anything like that, they know they'd drinking with a straw again. :46:

thats awful. complete lack of her respect to her parents!

Exactly. Respect has to be taught at a young age and we need to respect our kids as wrll or we as a parent will never earn that respect from them.

I don't think she cared what was legal, its hard enough raising teenagers

Whether or not she cares what's legal, she at least needs be aware of the laws and the penalties for violating them. Ignorance of the law is never an acceptable excuse.

Here in the States, the phone recording notification requirements and penalties vary from one state to another but according to http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...in-civil-and-criminal-penalties-in-california as of about four years ago, "In California, anyone who secretly records a telephone conversation or an in-person meeting may be violating Penal Code section 632, part of California's Privacy Act, which provides that intentional eavesdropping or recording of any confidential communication by means of any electronic amplifying or recording device without the consent of all parties to the communication is guilty of a crime. The penalty for violation of section 632 is a fine not to exceed $2,500, imprisonment in the county jail or state prison for not to exceed one year, or both."

That child is lucky she wasn't in California and that her mother chose not to have her charged with the crime.

Marianna

With that little darling I'd have the phone cut off and change the password to the internet. Then when her mates called me a cow I'd have done something to have earned it.

I'd have done all that, then grounded the child with instructions to meditate on law, telephone etiquette and respect for the privacy of conversation. To ensure that she spent the time with her mind on the set subject, I wouldn't spring her until she had produced a fairly long essay on the results of her meditations. Whether or not she expressed sincere contrition, she at least would have thought about what she did.

I don't think any of that would earn the appellation "cow", although it might be applied anyway. It's just responsible parenting.

Oh and I'd take the bedroom door away too and spread that round Facebook

I'd require her to post a retraction to Facebook, with photos showing the actual location of the bolt and including an apology for lying. That ought to be sufficiently humiliating to prevent her from doing anything even vaguely similar in the future.

Marianna

I don't think any of that would earn the appellation "cow", although it might be applied anyway. It's just responsible parenting.

All teenages think their mothers are " Not fair" and "cows" I think something clicks in their brains when they hit puberty until they have kids of their own.

Just glad I no longer have responsibilities for teenage children; if my son waits as long as I did to produce off-spring I shall be 93 before it happens to me!

Just glad I no longer have responsibilities for teenage children; if my son waits as long as I did to produce off-spring I shall be 93 before it happens to me!

Its not so bad having teen grandkids, you get to wind them up and send them home, then when mummy moans you can say " Remember that time you came home drunk and throw up in the kitchen? Weeeeeeell its payback" ;)

Its not so bad having teen grandkids, you get to wind them up and send them home, then when mummy moans you can say " Remember that time you came home drunk and throw up in the kitchen? Weeeeeeell its payback" ;)

Mmmm I can see the attraction ....

Back